1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best eReader for You (and possibly me)

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by MedicInTraining, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

Sorry if it's a silly question, but do you leave the wifi turned on, as this drains battery?

2. braswes

braswes Loaded Pockets

3. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

I do not Leave the wifi on.

4. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

ipad for me. itunes book store AND kindle book store

5. viix

viix Loaded Pockets

I went with the ipad.. because it is more than just an ebook reader and you have also got to check out some of the interactive magazines on the itunes store! Takes reading to a whole new level!

doktorziplok likes this.
  6. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

I had a tablet and sold it for an ebook reader. Apart from reading books and listening to online radio on it, I didn't find much use for the gadget. Figured it is just an oversized phone without the actual phone capabilities. If it had Ubuntu or any other full fledged linux OS with good GUI I might have kept it. I know android is Unix but it's too stripped of its functionality and most apps suck (are lame). Same goes for the ipad. Nothing beats eink when it comes to books and reading.

7. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

I'd get ether a kindle fire HD, or an iPad mini. I have both, and love 'em. Another option is the Nexus 7. Or the kindle touch. A lot of options have been discussed here, but I felt I'd give my 2 cents.

8. Hartigan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hartigan EDC Junkie!!!

My wife loves her kindle and she is a real bookworm ;). So I think this is one of the best eReader.

sungame likes this.
  9. Gtank

Gtank Loaded Pockets

For reading books you can't get any thing better then the new kindle paperwhite. Works well outside and inside day or night.
    Great battery life and more. But if you need it for PDF a tablet is a much better option much faster page turning & better search optins.

If budget is not a problem
    I would get a kindle for now and wait for the retina mini ipad hope it will released soon.
    If it is an issue have a look on the nexus 7 not a bad screen.

Last edited by Gtank, Dec 26, 2012
  10. MedicInTraining
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

It looks like I'm going to go with the Kobo Wifi eReader because at the end of the day I don't want to spend $100+ on something that I'm not going to get wear out of if I decide I hate it!

11. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I have both the Nook and an Android Tablet (with Aldiko?)

It really depends on how you will be reading it. The e-ink page is better when you have ambient lighting, the brighter the light the easier it is to read. Great outside or inside. Reading lights are available to read in the dark. I chose the Nook due to it's having a MicroSD card slot, a replaceable battery, and reads MANY formats of e-book.

At night or inside, the Android is good, but more of a strain on the eyes IMO. Nearly impossible to read in bright sunlight (As all light generating displays are.) There are more options for other software to use on it. and it is much smoother when browsing the web.