1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best cleanser/detoxifyer. .....

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Gonzzo, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Gonzzo

Gonzzo Loaded Pockets

Hello all.

I need a favor, im looking for people's opinon on the best over the counter, publicly available cleanser/detoxifyer.

I've never been one to watch my weight/health and they both got away from me.

I have done some due diligence and have foumd out a good cleanser/detoxifyer is a good start to a healthy diet and exercise regiment.

So, what have you used?, what results did you achieve? .

Sorry if posting here was wrong, I have no idea where else to post this question

Thank you for your time.

2. Spartigus

Spartigus Loaded Pockets

Hey mate
    My qualifiactions (in Australia) is a Masters in Exercise Physiology focusing on disease and health - mentioned to justify my response.

Basically the health and fitness industry is rife with a lot of miss information and hidden agendas. At the moment the majors ones are detox things and organic food. Neither of which do anything for your health unfortunatly. Your liver detoxes you all the time, alart from cases like drug addiction which is a very very real detox, but that takes time for your liver to do it by itself, just with a lot of pain and discomfort.

Some good things to do is set a few goals. One of which is determine what it is you want - walk/run a distance, lose x amount of lbs, feel bettet about yourself, etc and is often more than one goal.

But generally a good first step is to learn to cook well, cook foods that have carbs, protien snd fat from sources like veg, grains, meat and animal products.

Exercise will be another significant aspect, the fitter you get, the more freedom you will have with food choices.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

3. Viper101

Viper101 Loaded Pockets

I second this. I have a bachelors in Ex. Phys. as well as some experience in personal train /strength coaching. I have seen cleanses range from doing nothing, to actively doing harm (severe digestive issues, dehydration). Weight loss should happen slowly and it happens in the kitchen. The only thing I would recommend that is even close to a cleanse is to add 3-4 tablespoons of good fermented (no vinegar) sauerkraut to the beginning of each meal. Sauerkraut is full of vitamins and probiotics that will improve your digestion and overall health. If you don't get many probiotics though this can have a "cleanse effect" on the first day or so if you know what I mean.

Hi-up Lineman likes this.
  4. Hi-up Lineman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hi-up Lineman Loaded Pockets

I agree with both of the above posts. The best and most beneficial way to cleanse is through a good diet. A few weeks ago, I stopped drinking all forms of soda ( Coke, Pepsi etc). I only drink black coffee, unsweetened tea and water. My system has changed dramatically ! I never realized how much of a change I could gain by cutting out all that sugar. I didn't drink excessive amount of sodas, only one a day and the large 44 ounce versions that are popular when you order a burger!
    I also started eating simple easy to eat fruits like tangerines and oranges. Just that small amount of extra fiber makes a world of difference !

Viper101 likes this.
  5. rockerZz

rockerZz Loaded Pockets

Your body has this wonderful organ that does the detoxifying for you. It's your liver. What you need is a good diet, a good exercise plan that doesn't burn you out, and the help of a competent physician to make sure you aren't doing harm.

From my experience, cutting out high calorie, non-nutritive things like soda, candy, etc., can go a long way. I cut out soda and stopped the drive-up food and lost quite a bit with only that. There are no magic pills, quick fixes, magic methods. Even the ones that get some results can often have unseen effects that are more harmful than helpful. You need to do it the good, steady, natural way. Good diet, exercise, and stop eating junk! (I'm talking very much to myself here.)

0dBm likes this.
  6. Gonzzo

Gonzzo Loaded Pockets

Thanks everyone!, I need to re-think my approach.

Thank you for your time.

7. Spartigus

Spartigus Loaded Pockets

Check out a website called Clinical Athlete and find a pt from them :).

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk