1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best Cheap Pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Liveitloud, Nov 16, 2008.

1. mwelch8404

mwelch8404 Loaded Pockets

Looks like the black Fisher Cap-O-Matic.

2. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

Best cheap pen IMO is the Uniball Vision pens. They are excellent! :)

3. fudgeorama

fudgeorama Loaded Pockets

Pilot G-2 Mini.

4. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Looking at pictures online i does seem to be very very similar, if not identical. Id go out on a limb and say it was quite likely a Rite branded Fisher (there are no marking on the pen, but the refills are marked as Rite products with their website) that they offer - especially given the same refill tech in them.

5. Gothic_Coop

Gothic_Coop Loaded Pockets

Well I am a click pen guy. I love my Bic Clic Stick medium point pens. I have a box and use them all the time. Plus, I can pull them apart to use them for projects. I have carried 2 Parker Stainless Steel Jotter for years in the pocket of my uniform. The have a very nice uniform look in the pocket and they always work. I am now really am impressed with the Zebra f-701 pens. I have two of them, and love them, but I will will not replace the Jotter in my uniform.

6. Tuxedomoon

Tuxedomoon Empty Pockets

best cheap Fountain Pen: Lamy AlStar
    best cheap ballpoint: Caran d'Ache 849 with Goliath refill
    best cheap rollerpoint: Lamy Swift (not really cheap, but the best in its price-range)

greets :highfive:

7. Old Man

Old Man Empty Pockets

Zebra G301.

8. Rocket Jones

Rocket Jones Empty Pockets

I'd go with a Safari or Vista before the All Star. The All Star is thin aluminum and gets dinged and beat up pretty quickly. Doesn't hurt the function, but the heavy plastics of the other two can take a beating and still looks good.

9. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

The Bic Cristal Pen - supremely cheap, gloriously unsexy and I have never had one disintegrate in my hands.

-Trevor

10. XeroTheHero

XeroTheHero Loaded Pockets

Pretty much any Zebra pen, I would say. Readily available at most places, and awesome little writers!

11. user24

user24 Empty Pockets

Pilot G1 for me, though I've recently started using the Staedtler triplus fineliner. Both great pens if you like thin gell pens :)

12. njl

njl Loaded Pockets

By "cheap," I'm thinking : anything that you buy in packages of several pens.

Best, smoothest, nicest cheap pen: Uniball Jetstream rollerball.

Unbelievable.

Pentel Energels are great, too.

I take the Energel refills and put them in nicer pens, like a Rotring rollerball.

13. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

Although I'm lovin my F701, I'm loyal to the ever-so affordable, Original, timeless, F301.

14. FeebleOldMan

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Photo by bluman
    Pilot G-2 (right) and G-2 XS (left)
    Both retail for about SGD$2 (~USD$1.33) each but writes like a premium pen. The gel ink does run when wet though. I EDC a black G-2 with blue ink, and a G-2 XS (also with blue ink) goes with my small journal when I travel.

15. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

I second this one. It's been around forever, cheap, write well, and is recognized internationally, and is used on more scientific expedtions to weird places because of reliability.

Besides, I fondly remember the TV ad's when I was a kid where they shot it out of a 30-06 rifle and after it was driven through the board, it still wrote.

16. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Zebra 701.

17. JonR

JonR Empty Pockets

Pilot G-2 is a lovely pen, writes beautifully. Almost always gets a comment when I lend it to someone.

Takes a lot to beat a BIC cristal though. A design classic, simple, rugged, minimum component parts.

You can personalise a bic by slipping a small bit of paper with whatever you want to write on in inside the casing.

As kids we used to make blowguns out of them. Cut the aglets off an old shoe lace about 5mm from the end of the plastic. Stick a pin through the center and fluff out the ends for the dart. Strip out the pen, insert the dart, cover the hole and blow.

Not a pen but it takes a lot to beat a plain old simple wooden pencil. Writes when wet, on wet paper, doesn't run.

18. user24

user24 Empty Pockets

+1! And it doesn't run out unexpectedly - you can always se how much you have left :) It's what I use in my EDC notepad.

19. jopela

jopela Loaded Pockets

+1 This is my current cheap EDC pen.

20. m16a

m16a Empty Pockets

My faves (and current EDCs) are the Pentel Energel Clicky, the Pilot G2, and the Zebra G-301. All excellent pens IMHO.