1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best Casio G-Shock?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by STHFNGLD, Jan 19, 2009.

1. murphquake

murphquake Empty Pockets

That pic on top of me isn't a DW6600 but that's what I've been rocking for years (just posted on it in another thread). Got mine for a steal, with a twin brother that I gave away after realizing this one might never die. About time for a fresh battery but otherwise apparently indestructable =-)
    -bill

2. OperationOrange

OperationOrange Loaded Pockets

WOOHOO! UPS just delivered my Mudman! :roof:

got the Mudman Rally (Atomic + Solar).

Will update with pics soon.

3. cybe

cybe Empty Pockets

Without the atomic timekeeping feature the +-30sec/month (1sec/day) accuracy can start bothing you quite quickly... sure bothers me.

Edit: + the afterglow feature on the light is probably quite useful to have.

4. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

People, I've just re-read this thread, and I believe we had a break in communication: when I mentioned the GW-M5600 I wasn´t referring to Gene O's favorite model, but rather stating my own preference. Hence the whole 6600-5600 confusion. My bad, my apologies.

5. STHFNGLD

STHFNGLD Empty Pockets

:grouphug: dnt worry bout it :laugh:

6. Skeptic

Skeptic Empty Pockets

I needed a watch with multiple alarms and I like the solar charging of some of the new Casio G-Shock watches.

I found the MTG-910DA at Sam's Club in my town for $109.99 USD. It was a good price for a watch that had the features I wanted. Removing the extra links in the band was pretty easy compared to other watches that I have bought in the past.

Here is a picture:
    [​IMG]

7. urso

urso Loaded Pockets

I've had a bunch and finally settled on the GW-9200 Riseman as my favorite.

It does just about everything: barometric pressure/ altitude readings, 24 hour stopwatch, 24 hour countdown timer, world time, 5 alarms, plus it has the atomic sync and is solar powered.

And looks like the watch that Batman would probably wear too.
    [​IMG]

8. OperationOrange

Finally got some pictures online of my new watch....

Unpacking:

[​IMG]

Box:

[​IMG]

Cool can inside the box:

[​IMG]

THICK instruction manual:

[​IMG]

Ta-daa!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back of case:

[​IMG]

Shot of me wearing it so you can see the size. It's nice and chunky, but lightweight.

[​IMG]

So far, I'm really liking it. I haven't been able to get the Atomic synch to work yet, though. I'm in North Carolina, so a good distance from Colorado. Hopefully it will work every now and again, but so far, no synch.

9. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

This is not entirely true. I have a Casio GW-810D-1VER. It receives 3 different frequencies from stations in 4 different countries. There is a 60 kHz station in Fort Collins, CO. and also one in Fukuoka/Saga, Japan and another in Anthorn, England. There is a 77.5 kHz station in Mainflingen, Germany, and a 40kHz station also in Fukuoka/Saga, Japan. I know it works because I was just in Japan in November/December. I was also in Thailand, and unfortunately there was no station anywhere near there. However, "manually" setting it is a breeze, as you merely have to find the city that is in your new time zone (out of the list of 29 time zones & 48 cities) and set it to that time zone. It was very simple, and easy to check on what time it was in my home timezone as well. A great watch for travelers.

Tim

10. Monstera13

Monstera13 Loaded Pockets

I've already had my say here, but I thought I'd just post a photo too! :)

[img width=426 height=640]http://www.findfindfound.com/hk/G8000/G8000B-4vdr-x.jpg[/img]

11. STHFNGLD

STHFNGLD Empty Pockets

O0 WOW ;D

12. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

OperationOrange:

I really like the looks of that Mudman. I think it will be my next watch. I have an old G-Shock that my wife found in the grass at a nearby park about six years ago ;D It was already well used but working. I have been beating the crap out of it at work since then and still works great!

13. OperationOrange

I don't think you can go wrong with a Mudman. Especially the Atomic+Solar models. They should be keeping correct time long after I'm gone... :angel:

14. camdz

camdz Loaded Pockets

I own 2 mudmans and they are almost always my go to G-shocks. I have the atomic solar version and the negative display that I put a black band on (for a stealthier look). The 77XX is also a good choice if you dont want a larger one. I use this as my alarm clock most of the time since its by far my loudest.

15. SBloke

SBloke Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

To me one of the nicest. But so :censored: overpriced. I would love to have one on my wrist though and just might have to get one. (Or a non-limited edition version of this one)

16. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

I agree the best G shock to me I ´m waiting mine :brickwall:

17. camdz

camdz Loaded Pockets

The mudman is my favorite.

Ive got the negative display G9000-3V but on a black band for a stealthy look..
    [​IMG]

and then the atomic/solar "5 eyes" GW9000A-1 as well.
    [​IMG]

edited to add model numbers.

18. z-hunter

z-hunter Empty Pockets

+1 on the Mudman: indestructible, functional and cheap
    I have the camo one and love it

[​IMG]

19. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

:agree: I really like the "classic" Casio look. Reminds me of my first Casio (non G Shock)

20. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the GW-M5600. I've had many, many G-Shocks and this is the one I've settled on. It's about the same size and thickness as the original, but with solar recharging and atomic timekeeping. For me, they don't get much better than this.

Bucky