1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best carry knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by kerrynp5, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

The one you happen to have with you when you need it :evilgrin:

I'm really happy with my full size BM Griptilian and Spyderco Waved Endura.

Also, the Boker Trance is a great knife at a great price $22.

2. onlyonespyderco

onlyonespyderco Loaded Pockets

I love my FRN Byrd Meadowlark. It's a great knife at a ridiculous price.

3. griff

griff Loaded Pockets

EDC Microtech ut 7

4. MrCoffee

MrCoffee Loaded Pockets

For years I always carried a Gerber or Kershaw folder on me. But in the last few years more and more people are uncomfortable with a co worker with a med to large locking blade on person, and the school seem to have issues with Parent bringing them on campus. So I switched to a 111 Fireman (Or maybe its a JumpMaster) SAK. Funny how people see SAKs as tools verses Knives. The SAK is actually large then my Kershaw, but people dont seem to bat an eye at it.

At work thou, they dont want me to wear a sheath knife of any kind, so I switches to a 84mm SAK, which is much more comfortable riding in a pocket then a standard 91mm, 108mm, or 111mm. I also have a 91mm Soldier I sometimes carry, and I always have a "classic" 58mm.

But more and more I find I grab a SAK instead of a Tactical folder when I head out the door.

5. zero40484

zero40484 Loaded Pockets

i have had a endura 4 wave for allmost a year. and i just got the trainer version yesterday, i like carrying both "just because"
    i was at a comic shop i frequent and before the night was over everyone there had mastered the Emerson wave feature.

i thing all knife models should have a trainer, or drone. because i like playing with my knives, and when i experiment with a new move or combo i like knowing that if i bugger up i wont stain the carpet.

6. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I must be the only person on Earth who does not EDC a Spyderco. Don't get me wrong, I own 2 Civilians, 3 Police Models, 3 Enduras, 3 Merlins, about 6 Delicas, 2 Mariners and a few other models. I just got to where I like carrying and using my Cold Steel, Kershaw and CRKT folders more. Just before this, my primary EDC knife was a Benchmade AFCK. That is one of the best, IMO.

Right now, I have to keep office hours and thus have a 1 hour commute (either way) that goes through some dubious neigborhoods. So my EDC load of cutlery is a Cold Steel Extra Large Voyager in the right front pocket, Cold Steel Scimitar in the appendix position, CRKT Alaska Bwana behind the left hip in the waistband, and a Kershaw Whirlwind with the thumbstud reversed in the left front pocket.

When I return to telecommuting, the Alaska Bwana will go back to my right front pocket as the lone EDC knife. I'd say that is my favorite at this time. That will probably change as soon as I scrape together enough cash for a CRKT Carson M4.

Attached Files:

7. wcy

wcy Loaded Pockets

Shucks, is there a wrong answer?
    The first rule: have a knife!
    I've carried a variety of brands, with a variety of opening methods.
    The one knife that goes in the pocket no matter what? A Victorinox Executive.
    Anything I carry after that depends on mood and environment.

8. MrCoffee

MrCoffee Loaded Pockets

Yeah I have an Exec too, but I carry the Lumberjack more. Mostly because I use the woodsaw so much. I love my exec too.
    But the Lumberjack or Soldier/Pioneer and/or a very small lockblade my Dad gave me 35 years ago are always on me.

9. SdPunk

SdPunk Empty Pockets

Now that is cool. The Karambit and a CC knife. I have a bunch as well, and only found myself carrying a select few all the time.