1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best angle for sharpening Victorinox Kitchen Knives

Discussion in 'Sharpening Stuff -- Stones, Strops, and Systems' started by TheInsideOutsider, Mar 30, 2016.

1. TheInsideOutsider

TheInsideOutsider Loaded Pockets

I recently purchased my first pair of real kitchen knives. They are from the fibrox handle series by Victorinox. I am used to sharpening with my sharp maker. Is it better to use 30° inclusive or 40°?

2. Dombe

Dombe Loaded Pockets

I would suggest using 30 inclusive but because knives are always in contact with board they get dull fast.So learn about kitchen knives maintenance and honing\stroping.

3. 313

313 Uber Prepared

I have a Vic kitchen knife stand set that includes the steel rod. It works great for quick touch-ups with the Vic knives, after a few years of daily use I've not had to actually sharpen them once. I highlly recommend the steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

As long as you use a wooden cutting board your knife won't dull fast as long as you hone it once in a while, I'd recommend a ceramic rod for that like on your sharpmaker. 30 deg sounds good but with a good kitchen knife you could even try steeper angles, more obtuse angles help you to prevent chipping which happens from cutting harder stuff or hitting a bone. For anything than cleavers you're good with 20-30 deg total.

TDS likes this.