1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best AAA Keychain

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by dandul, Feb 2, 2012.

1. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Yep, it's a Spyderco Ladybug. Serrated. Basically a minature Delica/Endura 4.

2. kz1000s1

kz1000s1 Loaded Pockets

I've been using a Fenix LOD CE for years and still haven't felt a need to upgrade.

3. 19cohiba75

19cohiba75 Loaded Pockets

+1 on this ;D Bought about 15 of them and gave them out to family members and friends.

4. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

The Thrunite Ti (not Firefly) gives me two great, very usable modes with much better beam, tint and knurling than the E01 at a comparable price. It also has an excellent keychain attachment. For an inexpensive 1xAAA, it's my top choice.

The Preon ReVO (sadly discontinued) and ReVO SS is my all-around favorite 1xAAA light. It's tiny, light, easy to operate, with great tint, beam, and mode spacing. The disco modes are there if you need them, unobtrusive if you don't. No, you can't have mine.

MrOG likes this.
  5. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

6. neverused

neverused Loaded Pockets

My vote would be for the Fenix E05, it's one of my favorites and pretty cheap.

7. gtmule

gtmule Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the Maratac AAA Cu. It's a shame they discontinued it. Hoping the same UI (Low-Med-Hi) returns, be it in SS or Ti. This is purely wishful thinking, I have no idea if they are planning an AAA Ti light.

8. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Those Thrunites...

Seems to be two models, one being the firefly which does 0.04 lumens for an alleged 175 hours. Just how much light is 0.04 lumens? Mind you, the none firefly version does 3/60l and 3 lumens is meant to last 160 hours.

Tempting. Some nice colours for anodising too.

9. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

For my definition of best, which is simple and rugged, I recommend Peak LED Solutions. Single output, potted electronics, tougher than nails, made by a little shop in the USA. It's a pity no one knows about them.

MrOG likes this.
  10. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Oh we know about them, I mentioned the Matterhorn (I have a thing for 5mm LEDs) a few posts below and I know a few people here who carry different Peaks. The Peak Eiger is an excellent light for those who want more output.

11. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

I just received a Thrunite Ti in the mail today.....but I am disappointed with it, it isn't brighter then a Microstream. The Microstream is rated at 27 lumens, and the Ti is supposed to be 60 lumens

DaPro

12. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

13. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

Has anyone independently confirmed that it throws 115 lumens all the way through 90 minutes? What sort of battery gives that kind of life? I haven't been paying too close attention to the state of the art, but according to my somewhat dated knowledge those specs seem extremely optimistic.

14. RkyMtn

RkyMtn Empty Pockets

I have been carrying a Klarus Mi X6 Titanium and have been very happy with it.