1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bertucci Field Watches, opinions

Discussion in 'Watches' started by medicevans, Mar 26, 2014.

1. medicevans

medicevans Loaded Pockets

I've decided against a mechanical field watch for the time being. Lots of reasons, but durability is one big one. I don't want to have to worry about a watch. I shoot a lot, bang into things, best the heck out of my hands. I just want a quartz.

That said, I want a plain jane field watch. I've looked at Victorinox and Wenger, Seiko, citizen, and Bertucci. I've really narrowed it down to either a Seiko SBCA001 or a Bertucci A2T with mineral glass and nato band.

The Seiko is obviously great quality, but I'd really like to hear from the guys who have Bertucci watches. Quality, how satisfied are you with your purchase, stuff like that.

Even if you just want to say "go with the seiko/bertucci" that's cool too. Curious what everyone will have to say.

2. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

I have absolutely no experience with Bertucci but have loved all my Seiko's and have never had any issues with them. What is your price bracket if you don't mind me asking?

3. medicevans

Around $150, stretch to $200, but it would have to be absolutely perfect.

4. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

A buddy of mine has one. Now, he's a desk jockey / cubicle cowboy type, but he has no complaints about it. He shoots a wee bit, does work around the house and yard with it, drinks coffee and eats lunch, canoes and camps, etc. He has a couple of other decent watches to choose from and I see this on his wrist frequently. He said he likes the light weight and how it goes unnoticed on his wrist with a NATO / Zulu type strap on it. It is a bit small for some, by current standards.

5. RichinVA

RichinVA Loaded Pockets

I love my A2T, in the daytime. Woodturner here, and the watch is literally bombarded with chips, sap, bark, etc., for long periods of time. Lots of vibration, etc. Keeps great time, and a quick wipe with a damp cloth removes all traces of guck..... Very easily read during daylight hours.... However, the lume on mine is not the greatest. If it had lume like my 2 Citizens, I doubt I'd ever take it off. I've heard others say that theirs is ok, so maybe I got a bad one? All in all I think it's a really great looking, simple, tough watch.

<<< Even when the world is at peace, a gentleman always keeps a blade at his side.
    -The Strategies of Wu. >>>

6. EDCDude

EDCDude Loaded Pockets

I have a couple Bertuccis and have to agree. They are a really nice watch but at night time you'll be giving your EDC flashlight a good workout. The Lume is horrible on all of my Bertuccis. They do however sell a couple Bertuccis with an Electroluminescent back light simular to a Timex Indiglo. They look pretty good. Ive considered one in the past. I wouldn't give up on a Mechanical Automatic watch. I am also a huge shooter and have never had a single problem wearing any of my automatic watches. The only time I would worry would be if I was shooting a 50 cal Machine Gun on top of a Humvee. Simple recoil from a Handgun or ever a shotgun shouldn't effect a mechanical watch. I just thought I would add my experience with shooting with my Automatic Seiko divers or even my Maratac GPT 1 with a Miyota 9015 movement. I fired some pretty big ammo with all of them with no Ill effects. But if you are set on a Bertucci check Into the ones with an EL backlight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

7. medicevans

I'm not set necessarily on a Bertucci, I just figured they would be a fairly durable analog field watch. Everyone has me so freaked out on heavy recoil with a mechanical. I just can't afford to buy a mechanical watch then but wear it because it might get messed up. If I'm going to buy something, I want it to work for most things I do outside of work. I'm a medic, I wear digital at work for ease of use, but I want a nice analog for home. I REALLY REALLY want a Hamilton khaki field mechanical, hand wind.

8. Soosh

Soosh Loaded Pockets

You really really need to get the Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical, hand wind. For a long time men fought wars, tamed jungles, and climbed mountains wearing mechanical watches. If you keep the :censored: thing on your wrist and aren't literally using a jackhammer, you're going to be fine. Your arm is a perfectly cromulent shock absorber and heat sink.

[​IMG]

RichinVA and Sao like this.
  9. RichinVA

RichinVA Loaded Pockets

That thing is gorgeous. Must possess...............

Enablee mode on..........

<<< Even when the world is at peace, a gentleman always keeps a blade at his side.
    -The Strategies of Wu. >>>

10. Saeulf

Saeulf Loaded Pockets

I purchased a Bertucci A-2T a week ago. I'm not sure when they started doing this, but mine came with swiss "Super Luminous". It glows through the night for me (it's pretty dim by the morning, but I can still make it out). I like the watch a lot. It is comfortable and lightweight. The solid titanium case inspires confidence.

[​IMG]

EDCDude, RichinVA and twin63 like this.
  11. Edub
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Edub Loaded Pockets

The one Bertucci (A-2T) that I purchased, I returned because it was just too "clunky" for me. That was probably due, at least in part, to my thinner wrists, but it just wasn't comfortable. It sat in a drawer for a while, but when I purchased my Citizen EcoDrive and wore it for a while, I couldn't bear to wear the Bertucci. Probably works great for others, but not for me. That aside, it seemed like a very stout watch.

12. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I have three of the Bertucci titanium field watches, all are somewhere between 3 & 5 years old IIRC, got all of them for around $80-100 each. One is a standard A-2T, one is an A-2T with date, and one is an A-2TE with electroluminescent backlight. I really like Bertucci the watches. Really hard to get a quality titanium watch for any less money. Two of them still have their original bands, the other one I replaced with a gray and black (black faced watch) strap from CountyComm. The original strap was fine, just wanted to replace it with something different. I've changed the batteries in two of the watches, the oldest A-2T and the one with the backlight, which obviously drains the battery faster. Seems like I'm getting 3+ years out of the batteries.

Last edited by NeonLights, May 4, 2014
  13. laylow

laylow Loaded Pockets

I have an A-4T Aero, and I love it.
    [​IMG]

EDCDude likes this.
  14. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

I absolutely love the Hamilton Field Watch, canvas strap but khaki or black face? As RichinVA said, gorgeous.

15. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Not sure how new this news is, but I just noticed Bertucci has done something really interesting
    The new A2-SEL has EL backlight and removable lug bars.
    http://www.bertucciwatches.com/Bertucci/A2SEL.html

I'm kind of new to watches, but I have been very surprised to find that Timex (until now) seems to be the only company to provide backlight on analogue watches. The fact that this feature now can be found in (what appears to be) a quality watch with is very interesting.
    Now, if they could only do the same on a black dialed titanium case...

Nick4305 likes this.
  16. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I have a Bertucci watch with trit and I love it. The solid lugs, offset crown and light weight make for a comfortable wearing experience. Unfortunately, I've had to avail myself of the warranty experience and it was pleasant and painless resulting in a brand new watch no fuss no muss.

17. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Actually, Casio provides a backlight (or LED, actually) on some of their analog watches...look for the "Super Illuminator" tag. I own 2 with that feature and it's much brighter than the Timex EL backlight

18. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

I have their most basic version, and I love it as a knock about analog watch. Wears well, and is super light. No complaints at all.