1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Benchmade Rukus 610SBK/ Rift 950SBK...

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Ryano, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Ryano

Ryano Empty Pockets

I am on the verge of buying yet another EDC BM and was wanting to know what you fellas thought about the BM Rukus or Rift. I have compared the full size and the mini Rukus side-by-side, and have decided on the full size, if that is the one I decide on. My reasoning for this is the length that is taken away to create the "mini" looks mainly like it was removed from the length of the blade, instead of the handle, however the numbers show differently. How would you feel about carrying a Rukus or Rift as an EDC? I currently carry a Queen Cutlery Mountain man w/ a D2 blade and a BM Osbourne 940, one in each pocket, so I'm no stranger to larger knives. Any comments?

2. mnbvcxy

mnbvcxy Loaded Pockets

I vote for Rift because I have 710 and it is very big, Rukus is even biger and I think it is not practic to cary it in your pocket. Rift is lighter, little smaller and cheaper than Rukus. However I think 940 is THE EDC knife. Check on youtube, nutnfancy rewiev BM.

3. EEG

EEG Empty Pockets

I carried my full size Rukus a few times before deciding it was too big. During this time I noticed it was surprising how well it rides down the seam when in the pocket. It carries like a much smaller knife so if you are already used to large folders go for it.

4. Aaron SBT

Aaron SBT Empty Pockets

I own the big Rukus and a Rift. More often than not, I end up carrying the Rift, even though I tend to like to carry larger folders. Rift just carries more lightly in my pocket if I'm wearing shorts or whatever. Here's a quick pic I snapped for my blog after buying the Rukus:
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/hungrybreath/IMG_1866.jpg[/img]
    I really dig the Rukus, but maybe I'm just moving away from larger folders and becoming more tame in my 3rd decade of life
    ;)
    just my 2c

5. xnid

xnid Loaded Pockets

I must say that the Rift is very pleasing for the eyes :smitten:

6. m1ster s

m1ster s Loaded Pockets

IMO, the Rift is "just right" sized, and the Ruckus just isn't big enough to make a real difference.