1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Benchmade Knife Fan Club Thread

Discussion in 'Knives' started by hawkeye180, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

2. Elmiro Dungfoot

3. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Have you handled the Hogue/Ritter RSK? If so, how did it compare in your opinion? Debating picking up an Adamas now they are discontinued.

HeadOffice and Tony Sal like this.
  4. Elmiro Dungfoot

Tim, I briefly fondled-one. Its a beautiful blade IMO. Both sport the 'axis-lock'. The 'Adamas' is the stronger, more-martial D2 blade. The H/R RSK's will be around for awhile. So, I would advise picking-up the Adamas while they're still 'available'. You didn't state whether your preference was for the manual, or auto-knife version. Really hard to choose between these two knives. The Adamas has been around since ca. 2007? So, its truly a classic. Mainly due; to its continued longevity in Benchmade's "black-class" line-up. I am a little biased since, I own both the desert sand, and black G10 versions. I had a chance to get a SOG Fat Cat, and waited, then they were gone forever. So, I kind of learned-my-lesson. Cold Steel is discontinuing the Italian 4 Max, so glad I have-one in the collection now.

If your referring to the Benchmade/Hogue Ritter comparison, hard to give an edge to either manufacturer. Two slightly different incarnations of the same great blade. The Hogue would probably win-out, on over-all appearance.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Elmiro Dungfoot, Nov 24, 2020
    #2624 Elmiro Dungfoot, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    timcyms and Tony Sal like this.
  5. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. I live in CA, so only manual is option for this knife. I have the RSK and really like it, so its not a choice between the two, just debating picking up the Adamas. I guess the point about it being discontinued is good, if anything, I would be able to let it go on the secondary market.

I never got a chance to try the full size Benchmade RSK, but did pick up the mini. I have two of the full size Hogue (coated and stonewashed blades) and also the mini Hogue. I will say, I added aftermarket Wilkens grips to the Benchmade which truely made it a great knife and added some additional weight to the knife. If I had to choose between the stock Benchmade/Hogue minis, I would give a slight edge to Hogue for the handle. My only complaint is they just downsized the design of the full size which did leave the central portion of the scales where the clip contacts a little rough for my preference. The full size feels as close to perfect as you can reasonably expect.

Elmiro Dungfoot and Tony Sal like this.
  6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I also have 2 copies of the Adamas and several Grips from Benchmade including a full size Ritter with Wilkins Ti and another with various scales that I keep moving around on it.

The Adamas is just another Knife altogether if you have not seen them side by side or held/fondled one?!
    I would definitely get one if you can!

The only other Benchmade that really is in the same league that I have experience with is the Contego which is also an absolute BEAST and in some ways nicer than the Adamas but they are not really the same knife either and I am just glad that have both as well as I love the Grip in most forms which is why I have more than a few of those too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I am most curious about is how the Hogue Ritter compares to the Benchmade Ritter and I will say up front that I have less than zero interest in getting any Hogue too.

Last edited by EZDog, Nov 24, 2020
    #2626 EZDog, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Elmiro Dungfoot, timcyms and Tony Sal like this.
  7. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

I'm gonna TRY to carry my 550 grip, actually need a tiny SAK Classic more but I would rather carry the 550 and not use it, can't really carry a 110 cause...NYC
    Join Knife Rights!

timcyms likes this.
  8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not sure what you mean?
    Is it the blade length?

Tony Sal likes this.
  9. Elmiro Dungfoot

Tim, I hope that I helped your decision-making process-out in some small-way. I have to agree with the cogent-points brought forward by EZ regarding the Adamas. A friend has the manual-version, and its just a solid, burly folder. Now you've got me thinking of acquiring a manual-version too! :cool: The Turret 980 is another in the professional "black class" line-up.

Last edited by Elmiro Dungfoot, Nov 24, 2020
    #2629 Elmiro Dungfoot, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    timcyms likes this.
  10. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Yes, locks, looks bad, cut belt carry in the city so half a pound is a bit much for pocket carry. I may try it since I'm not going into the big city for several reasons !

11. Elmiro Dungfoot

12. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

The Adamas arrived today. A few pics for size comparison. It is definitely a beefy folder. Going to be carrying it for the next few days. Thanks for the input @Elmiro Dungfoot and @EZDog [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Congrats!
    I bet you will like it a lot.
    It is sort of tough to appreciate the beef until it is in your hand isn't it?
    I think my copy might be my easiest swinging AXIS lock Benchmade that I have too!

Tony Sal and timcyms like this.
  14. Elmiro Dungfoot

Now your rocking' Tim. Great score! Glad you got one; before they're gone for good. The Adamas is both tough, and great looking at the same time.

Tony Sal and timcyms like this.