1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Benchmade 5000 Auto Presidio

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Bubba, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

Benchmade 5000 Auto Presidio

We were given the chance to review the Benchmade 5000 Automatic folding knife. The 5000 Auto Presidio features a 6061 Aircraft Aluminum handle with a Patented Bi-Directional Grip Pattern which provides a Superior Grip. The handle is made with Non-Reflective Components for Tactical Applications. The Auto AXIS lock allows the knife to be used with either hand quickly. The blade is a drop point design with partial serration at 3.42 inches long and .13 inches thick and is made from 154CM stainless steel. The Benchmade 5000 Auto Presidio with its aluminum handles is a hefty 5.62 ounces and feels good in the hand with or without a glove. Another well made, and sturdy knife from one of the most popular knife makers in the USA. The 5000 Presidio was designed by Mel Pardue, the senior team member / designer for Benchmade. The Auto AXIS lock and automatic opening with a touch of the AXIS lock is military and Law Enforcement only, but a non automatic model, the 520 Presidio, is also available with the same strong materials and workmanship

[img width=500]http://www.tucsonpictures.com/pics/2008-11/00-11-25-08-0033.jpg[/img]

[img width=500]http://www.tucsonpictures.com/pics/2008-11/00-11-25-08-0036.jpg[/img]

Benchmade 5000 Auto Presidio - Click Here for full review

2. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

I've had the 520 for years and it's one of the best designed folders I've ever seen. Highly recommended! I'd own the 5000 if I could legally carry it.

3. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

I've admired this one for a while now. It's so sturdy I can't wait to use it, and I'm glad I live in AZ where the auto feature is no problem at all legally ;)

The AXIS is a great lock too though, and superior in respect to closing speed..
    My next knife will be a 520 or a similar non-auto, so I can carry it when I travel (to places autos aren't legal)

4. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

What I'd love to see is for Benchmade to put the secondary safety lock from the 5000 onto the 520. The liners are already cut for it- it would drop right in. I know the 520 doesn't NEED it but with the safety this would become one of the most bomb-proof folders going, IMHO. I wish I knew somebody inside Benchmade- I'd try to just get the safety and install it myself.

5. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

It's worth a call or email to them, they have always been very friendly and willing to listen to our requests and suggestions