1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Belts? Everyday/Tactical/dress, what do you have?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by themadplumbarian, Sep 3, 2015.

1. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I just bought a new one I've had my eye on for some time now, then I won one off of Facebook, so two in one week I'm not complaining! Anyway the first one is the one I bought, I must say this bad boy is heavy! I took a few pics and put them into a collage cause it's just easier, but if you see one pic or are interested in one just let me know and I'll just post that pic, So a few things about this belt, its by S.O. Tech, it's 1-3/4" wide, it's heavy, it's stiff, it's stitched everywhere, and that pocket is sewn in, but not completely, the top and bottom are lose, the sides are what are stitched. It definetly needs to be broken in! I took a few other pics of my other belts to give an idea on size wise, the one I won is the 3rd one from the left, it's a two sided, tan/black, other then that, three are the same size at 1-1/8", and the other two are 1-1/2", All the others are by Bison, and all six are American made! Other then that I think I did good? What do you have for belts?
    JR

[​IMG][​IMG]

smokingfish, jrad and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  2. Treya

Treya Loaded Pockets

3. Dark

Dark Loaded Pockets

I'm using one of those Uncle Mikes instructors belts. I bought it thinking it would be a cheap start to getting used to carrying then found I didn't need a replacement after wearing it for over 9 years.

The velcro has given out a little, but nowhere near enough to stop the belt from working properly and retaining items on the belt. I hope the current ones are still this good.

4. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I use the simply-constructed Spec-Ops 1.75" Better BDU Belts:

[​IMG]

For less than $20 there's a heckofa lot of functionality (translation: it holds your pants up well), plus the buckle is non-metallic. I have them in black, tan, coyote brown, and olive green.

I thought I would need a belt with some type of stiffener so I could concealed carry, but turns out these Spec-Ops ones work fine. Been using them for probably close to ten years.

I also have a similar belt, the Airport Friendly Belt, made by Texas Hunt Company in Walnut:

[​IMG]
    (Stock image ... I WISH my waist was this small!)

For some reason these are even cheaper (~$16 or so).

Last edited by Cobra 6 Actual, Feb 27, 2016
  5. Dark

Dark Loaded Pockets

That is one downside to the instructor belts - they jingle quite a bit whenever you readjust them (restroom). Plus you have the loud velcro noises going on too. No ninja points there. :)

JHGM and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  6. Gray29

Gray29 Loaded Pockets

I use a leather gunbelt from crossbreed holsters. Looks just like any other leather belt except its twice as thick. Lots of options for color as well. Mines brown leather with silver buckle. Been wearing it exclusively for 4 years

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  7. themadplumbarian

The one that I won, the 3rd in from the left is pretty much like that one, just it's only 1-1/2" not 1-3/4" and doesn't have the little piece on the top, but that's probably because it's reversible for two colors.. JR

8. Cobra 6 Actual

OK, I have one of the reversible ones, too. But, I like the slightly wider 1.75" belts ... fit perfectly in 5.11's loops.

9. themadplumbarian

Yeah, some of the belt loops are wide, especially on those tactical khakis! Just a little tight on some of the knife sheaths, but their leather, they just need to be stretched.. JR

10. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

For the last 10 years or so, my go to belt has been a mahogany Wild Bill's Concealment double-thickness gun belt (1.25"). It's been a solid, comfortable belt that looks great with anything from jeans to dress pants. I also have a couple of 5.11 TDU belts and a Tactical Tailor cobra rigger's belt.

Just this week, I received an Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt and a Wilderness Instructor belt. First impressions are that both of these belts will outlast me.

ran23 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  11. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

For about 5 years I've been wearing the same plain leather belt with brass buckle. I'm planning on making a copye of it myself. Simplicity is good :p

12. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

For years I have mainly used a reversible black/brown leather belt in a fairly simple style which is good for work or casual (from Marks & Spencer if you are interested). It is great for travelling as I can switch sides to match what I am wearing. Due to a combination of frequent use and an expanding waistline I am now on my third of these.

At home I often slouch around in cargo pants, which have a brown leather belt fitted. Nothing fancy. Also from M&S I think.

13. Barchack

Barchack Loaded Pockets

Ares Aegis Enhanced.
    I use it every day. It's stiff, but super comfortable for carrying a pistol. It also fits in the belt loops of suit pants. Although it's a nylon belt, it looks dressy enough if you leave your suit coat on.
    I wore an Ares Ranger belt for years and when the elastic wore out, they replaced the entire belt for free. Awesome company with great products.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Barchack, Sep 4, 2015
  14. themadplumbarian

Expanding waistline,, that's one way to put it, another reason I like any of the belts I have, cause you don't have to tighten it or loosen it by a full notch, after you just ate or went to the can. You can just slide it a little either way to have that "Just Right" size and not too tight or too loose!!

Come on guys where's the pics? At least "Cobra" put one of the manufacture pics up!
    JR

15. Cobra 6 Actual

Hey, JR, I only used that stock photo because if I had posted one of a belt around my waist you'd all need wide screen -- VERY wide sceeen -- monitors to see it from one end to the other! LOL

T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this.
  16. themadplumbarian

Lol, no biggie, it's still a pic of the belt! Heck the pics of mine you can't see the whole thing, well except the one pic where their rolled up!
    JR

17. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Pefect! That's exactly what I wear. I've got two black ones and a sand colored one. Love these belts! And the buckles on the new ones are airport friendly.

c99camper and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  18. jhart00

jhart00 Empty Pockets

I got the 1.25" belt from Hanks's and love it. It's dressy enough for me to wear to work and strong enough to hold up my gun.

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

19. nosuchagency

nosuchagency Loaded Pockets

the beltman horsehide or wilderness tactical 5-stitch here. for me personally, for what i require of a belt i would not consider one constructed of one-ply leather.

Cobra 6 Actual and c99camper like this.
  20. c99camper

c99camper Loaded Pockets

I just recently started wearing a leather belt again after wearing a Wilderness 5 stitch for quite a while.
    No good reason for the switch other than I had a couple of weeks where I needed to tuck my shirt in a lot and just wore the leather the entire time. I've continued to wear it (a Beltman I've owned for a long time, but haven't worn since the first few years I had it) because it's comfortable and doesn't scream gun belt when people see it.

I bought an Aegis like the one above and really wanted to like it, but the buckle was too big for me.

It's hard to beat a Wilderness 5 stitch or similar belt for, strength, value and infinite adjustability, but as I carry AIWB I've found that my belt doesn't need to be as stiff as it did when carrying at 3-4 o'clock. I'm thinking I'm may order a Wilderness 3 stitch frequent flyer to try out in the near future.
    Or another leather belt, maybe something from Filson or Saddleback.

nosuchagency and Cobra 6 Actual like this.