1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Belt for Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by troutster52, Feb 3, 2017.

1. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

Hey all,

Sorry if this is a duplicate topic. I am wondering what people use/recommend for a belt for concealed carry? I'd like a leather belt, and one that doesn't look super tactical, but it still sturdy enough to hold a carry gun easily, and look normal and casual so I can wear it in plain view as well. I had a thick Columbia brand belt that seemed to work ok, but it is getting tired and worn out and I think its time for a replacement.

2. Snyperx

Snyperx Loaded Pockets

3. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

had to check that I didn't write that, as I also have 2, one black and one brown. I wear them to work, on the weekends, etc. I have no problem holding up a full steel 1911 with good leather IWB, trying it with OWB this afternoon. A competition holster had some wiggle, but that was more meant for a steel reinforced belt so I won't blame the leather.

4. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

sblasl likes this.
  5. Carcass

Carcass Loaded Pockets

Let me ask a stupid question. What is the major difference between a so called "Concealed Carry Belt" and a good quality normal belt? Because I have everyday $20 Joe Blow belts that work great for CC.

Vincer20 likes this.
  6. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

My particular gun belt if very stiff and the gun doesnt sag when i go to use the bathroom.

7. DFW_Jose

DFW_Jose Loaded Pockets

Usually a gun belt will have some sort of reinforcement to it to make it stiff and not flex/sag. Usually I wear a Wilderness Instructor Belt but if I have to dress up I'll wear a sharkskin Magpul gun belt that I picked up recently. Beautiful belt although I have nothing really to compare it with.

kensington likes this.
  8. Macgirl

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

Daltech SuperBIO belts are nice, flexible but stiff. Made in the USA and super durable and resists clip marks. I also like my GCode EDC Shooters belt, again some flex but stiff enough to hold your CCW in place, Made in the USA. Lots of color combo options also.

9. Carcass

Carcass Loaded Pockets

How are the webbed tactical belts for CC? Like the Spec-Ops BDU belt or the 5.11 webbed belts?

sblasl likes this.
  10. HoustonB77

HoustonB77 Loaded Pockets

Check out armourbelts.com. I personally own five of his different options and have one on literally every day. My favorite part about them is that his leather belts don't look tactical.

11. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

12. Snyperx

Snyperx Loaded Pockets

13. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I know you were asking for leather but I have to say I love my S.O.E. Cobra buckle belts, year(s) later I stick by the reccomendations . When they have their sales, I think they are having one right now, I keep thinking I should pick up another but the first one I ordered almost 3 years ago is still in great shape.

Here are a few other belt threads that are chock full of leather goodness;

http://edcforums.com/threads/belts-everyday-tactical-dress-what-do-you-have.130655/

http://edcforums.com/threads/recommend-a-good-gun-belt.125389/

https://www.edcforums.com/threads/need-a-gun-belt.133761/#post-2546119

14. Carcass

Carcass Loaded Pockets

I just got the 5.11 Tactical Men's 1.5'' Double Duty TDU Belt. It is TSA friendly and super heavy duty. Haven't used it for CC yet. But it seems to carry well around the house breaking it in.

sblasl likes this.
  15. PhrankKastle

PhrankKastle Loaded Pockets

I have Simply Rugged's Real Man's Gun Belt. I'm not even sure that was the name when I ordered mine probably seven years ago no but it's by far the best belt I've ever owned. As the name says it's rugged and has held up amazingly well. Provides excellent support for my Sig P225-A1 or my Sig P320 compact whichever one I'm wearing. I can't recommend them enough.

BubbaFett likes this.
  16. tde

tde Loaded Pockets

Check out thebeltman.net
    Great quality, with options! ;^>

downtown likes this.
  17. Telstar

Telstar Loaded Pockets

I like a plain ole heavy weight leather belt that is at least 1.75. I don't care for all these "gun belts" that wear like a steel barrel hoop. Its just not that big of a deal. Just get a decent working belt and not a thin "dress" belt.

I wear a thick leather belt for semi casual attire
    I wear a nylon smoke jumpers belt for casual attire
    I wear a shoulder rig or pocket carry for dressy attire

18. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I usually wear a nylon Volund Gearworks Atlas g-hook belt, but when I want a dressier leather belt, I have A Better Belt. Depending on how and what gun you carry, the belts can be made with different stiffeners. They also have some styles that taper to look dressier.

http://abetterbeltusa.com
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

19. AndyTiedye

AndyTiedye Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I don't even have a gun, but I do sometimes carry knives and/or multitools in sheaths on my belt, and sagging can be a problem. Sounds like a CC belt might be the solution.

20. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

Yeah you def need a gun belt.

My edc belt is an Elite Survival System brand with a Cobra buckle. I'd recommend one that is more easily adjusted though. Sometimes when i dont carry a gun that particular belt is pain to adjust to different sizes. I usually just end up wearing it looser than I'd like.

Ive been tempted to try a belt like the Ares Aegis Enhanced. That buckle looks to be easier to adjust to different sizes.