1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BeerGuy, Jan 5, 2009.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy Loaded Pockets

Just stopping in to say "hi" and introduce myself.

I started posting on watch forums a few years back. Then I got back into guns and joined a few gun forums....which branched out to a sniper rifle & sniper forums. Recently, I decided I needed a flashlight for EDC and that led me here. I've been lurking for the last week or so and my registration just cleared. I already have a Fenix PD20 and an L0D headed towards me in the mail. Now I'm learning about Atwood stuff and wondering just how poor I'll end up...........

It's amazing how much information you guys retain about things that I didn't even know existed until last week!

I'm even thinking about tracking down a Vox money/card clip to replace my wallet.

You all suck.(just kidding)

2. resurgam

resurgam Empty Pockets

AS a brand new member, (longtime lurker), I totally sympathize.

BTW, your subject line, (whether you attribute it to Thomas Jefferson or it's original source, Martin Luther), is dead on. Hallelujah!

3. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDCF.

4. Stormstaff

Stormstaff Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the EDCF family!! :highfive:

5. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Welcome aboard!

6. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Welcome to EDCF! I look forward to hearing your ideas on your EDC gear.

Happy Carrying
    GuardDog

7. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDCF!

8. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Welcome. Ijust read this week according to scientific research that moderate drinkers (whatevever that is ) are much less likely to suffer from Alzheimers. Just wondering, do you EDC a bottle opener?

9. rwdflynavy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

rwdflynavy Loaded Pockets

Welcome beerguy. If you are the same beerguy as on Sigforum, a double welcome. I post both places. Watch out, your wallet is about to get thinner.

10. BeerGuy

BeerGuy Loaded Pockets

Yup, same guy and YUP my wallet IS about to get thinner. No really.....I just ordered a Beza Geneva Money Clamp in flat black based on a recommendation from this site. O0

Thanks for the welcome.

I've only been here a few days and I've already spent about $130 on items I didn't know existed until I started lurking here...........

11. BeerGuy

BeerGuy Loaded Pockets

Yes, I carry a bottle opener every day AND a faucet wrench as well. The wrench isn't cool like an Atwood is, just a functional piece of gear. I usually carry a thermometer as well. I'll end up replacing my run of the mill bottle opener with something from Atwood, I can just feel it. He's in Massachusetts too, so I should at least save on shipping..... ;)

12. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Welcome BeerGuy!

Love your introductory post title ;)

resurgam, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was Benjamin Franklin who first quoted that line?

Dan

:)

13. *Hawk*

*Hawk* Loaded Pockets

Welcome beer guy

14. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Welcome BeerGuy!

As for Vox CC holders, you can find them here. I bought the double clip plain Titanium CC holder in April 2008 and I don't think I will ever use a wallet again. I like it very much! :thumbsup: Here is what it looked like when I first got it but it now has much more "character". Cheers!

[​IMG]

15. Beer Trip Veteran

Beer Trip Veteran Loaded Pockets

Thomas Jefferson - Martin Luther - Benjamin Franklin .......?

Gentlemen (and of course Ladies too),

I am not sure where the post title originates, a quick wander into the web does not assist to any great degreee. However, it reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from an equally famous American, a Mr. Homer J. SIimpson.

"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems."

A fellow newcomer to the EDC carry fellowship, using quotes relating to beer and incorporating the term in your username - what else can one say other than welcome ........... and Cheers!

16. resurgam

resurgam Empty Pockets

I dont know if the quote is original to Martin Luther or not, but it's certainly attributed to him by many sources. Another quote attributed to him, is "Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!" This was obviously intended to be a lighthearted joke since Luther, the father of Reformed Theology, certainly didn't teach that folks get to heaven by being "good." Luther was one quotable dude, though.

So, even though that mystery may never be solved I do know that it was Frank Sinatra who said: "I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day."

;D

17. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard!