1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

been searching for a bag for years..need your help.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Flash Owl, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Flash Owl

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

Hi,
    been lurking for awhile, and recently decided to join.

need a backpack for traveling... and general use.
    i take 3-4 week trips with a backpack the size of a school pack. and need something thatll carry a bit more.

im looking for something inbetween the sizes of a Rush24(too heavy/big) and a Maxp Condor (laughably tiny btw).:-X . so the pygmy falcon has been ruled out.

requirements:
    side bottle holder pockets
    comfortable carry
    $150 limit, give or take some.

i like the looks of "tactical" pack because i love the earth tone colors. prefer less molle attachments though. i like it simpler looking. and dont plan on attaching much.

im not a fan of bags that look like theyre designed for hiking. too colorful, and flashy.

the 5.11 Covrt 18 seems like a fit. but its looks very plain. (LoL and i know it was designed to be that way).
    but the specs says 12 inch wide, and that seems quite narrow.

so im wondering what other options i have?

thanks

2. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Are you planning on traveling overseas with this pack? I'd be wary of doing so with anything that looks remotely tactical, as it may be asking for trouble with the locals.

I would check out Chrome and Mission Workshop's backpacks. Tough, well-designed bags that are waterproof (!!!) and built to last for decades. They are also elegant and not too flashy.

3. Flash Owl

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

weatherproof or at least rainproof is also important, cant believe i forgot that.

I dont think having a tactical looking pack would make much of a difference. ive even been asked if i were in the military a few times, and when i tell them no, they always seem a little dissapointed. LoL.
    but again, i dont want tons of molle and straps everywhere.

the Chrome bags ive seen before, im going to take a second look, i did like 1 of them very much.
    and ill be sure to check out Mission Workshop's bags.

thanks!

4. rhazkhal

rhazkhal Loaded Pockets

You might want to check out Oakley's lines of backpacks and luggage bags some of them are a little bit on a tactical look also but not to the point that you would be mistaken that your ready for war and they are also pretty well built. The price I think is also around your budget I own a couple of them and so far It have not fail me...

Enjoy!!!

5. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

6. umc

umc Empty Pockets

Another vote for the Camelbak Urban Assault. I've been looking for a backpack to replace my laptop bag because it's too heavy to only be on one shoulder and I think I have narrowed it down to the urban assault concealment as the perfect "fit" for me. I've looked at the maxped stuff and its too small. The 5.11 stuff that I like are the rush 72 and Covrt 18 and the 72's main compartment is too large for what I want and the Covrt would work but I want zippers on the side water bottle pockets as I'll be using them for gear, some of which may be expensive.

Out of all the urban assault models I think the concealment is best all around. Give them a look. There is a lot of info out there on them, just not the easiest to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse the typos.

7. Flash Owl

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

ive taken a good look at all the mentioned bags, and more.
    the Chrome packs look especially interesting, as they have traveling in mind when designed.
    im kind of upset cause i was just in san fran 3 weeks ago, and could of had a first hand look at them.

and the search continues.... LoL am i too picky?? hehe

thanks for all the suggestions... keep'em coming if you got more.

8. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

I have both the Camebak Urban Assault and a Chrome Metropolis messenger bag. The Camelbak is what I carry now, and I love it. Lots of organization, very sleek, no molle which means it blends in well. Its also tough as nails.

The Chrome is absolutely bombproof. While it lacks organization, it will allow you to carry all your stuff including a twelve pack of whatever you might thirst for. If their backpacks are built anywhere near as good as their messengers, you won't regret owning one.