1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Leather Satchel - Better Description

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by WildEMT, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Here are the pics as promised. I have the reddish brown one in the 14 inch.
    I am loving this bag!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

Paul, very nice! I love the deep rich color of your satchel. I think you made a great choice! :D

3. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Thanks GG! You helped me make my decision.
    I don't think I will regret spending the extra cash for this one over the Duluth. But I think if I went with the Duluth, in a couple years, I would be regreting not spending a little more for this one.

4. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

You've made a fine purchase on an heirloom-quality satchel, DH! O0

The child who inherits this item is a lucky one...if they can prevent your taking it with you! :laugh:

5. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

But, I dont need ANOTHER bag!!!!

Im already lusting after a Spartan bag & a T3 HSLD bag & now THIS ruddy thing comes along!
    Thank you VERY much! You KNOW that Ive got hardly ANY impulse control. I so want want of these. I really like the weathered look of the bag in the "Federales" pic on the website.

6. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

That's a very nice looking bag. Oozes quality all over. I'd be nervous about leaving a $400 leather bag unattended or carrying it in a hard rain.

What items will you put in it?

7. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Thanks Parnass!
    I'll keep my laptop in it. I wouldn't leave any of my bags unattended. Even if my bag is expensive or not. I have many valuables in my bags as well.
    I keep my laptop in this bag.
    Also, I wouldn't worry about the rain. Click on the links above. You can see that the owner's bag has gone through what most of our bags would never go through in a lifetime.

8. chelly

chelly Empty Pockets

I couldn't get this bag out of my mind so I just bid on and won one on eBay. It's this one.

[​IMG]

Chelly

P.S. I must be crazy -- I didn't need another bag but this one kept calling my name... Need more justification!

9. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Nice bag! Is that color the dark brown? Dark brown was my first choice. Chestnut was my second choice, but I love the color now.

10. chelly

chelly Empty Pockets

The ad said "the color of this bag is a MARBLED AND MOTTLED TOBACCO BROWN with several tans and reddish tones on it... has that rugged, old western, already broken in, Indiana Jones look about it". I love your chestnut though -- in fact your pics drove me straight to eBay! So I'm not blaming you, I'm blaming your pictures. :laugh:

Chelly

11. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

DH,
    I saw your post at USN and now here. I told myself in the past, "there is no way I'd ever spend that much money on a bag like some guys do!" "they must be out of their minds!" Well, I saw this bag and I must be out of my mind! Because I will most likely buy one!! :D ;D

I want the medium for myself, will it hold large size textbooks, and a laptop? (Macbook 13")?

12. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

I never thought I would spend that much on a bag myself as well. I thought I was crazy just considering it. But I've spent almost that much on a knife before, and I think that is crazy as well. But as long as I have the bab for a very long time, it will be worth it. Better than buy a bunch of Jansports right?
    The medium will hold your books and laptop, but my worry is that your laptop is smaller and may move around too much in the bag. If you can get a sleeve for your smaller laptop, than that would be perfect.

13. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

That is my plan, to get a sleeve for my new Macbook. Looks to be a very expensive summer! :lolhammer:

I plan on watching Ebay to see if he has more up for sale. Did you buy direct? If so what is the waiting time?

14. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

I did buy mine direct, but I emailed him directly and cut a small deal with the seller. I also bought one that he had a stock in, so there was no waiting time excpet for the shipping.

15. sewer_rat

sewer_rat Loaded Pockets

16. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Empty Pockets

Here is a link to the leather bag I use daily for my work/errands/meetings needs...

http://www.colonellittleton.com/?p=products&cat=34

It is the No. 1 leather saddlebag.
    As a side note, I did not pay full price for it...at the time I worked for a retailer part time who carried there stuff and was able to get a great price for it. While I was there, I bought several things with the discount, knives, a leather belt, etc. Sadly, I no longer work there.

17. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

I like the Expedition one. Looks rugged.

18. Piripi

Piripi Empty Pockets

I can't believe I'm even considering this, but I will most likely have a medium Saddleback bag soon. Thanks for giving us all a heads up on these Paul.

19. Co_Outdoorsman

Co_Outdoorsman Loaded Pockets

Dang this place and dang all of you...

How to get me one??? HOW HOW HOW????

Anyone want a first born son????

20. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned