1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Leather Satchel - Better Description

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by WildEMT, Mar 8, 2007.

1. WildEMT

WildEMT Loaded Pockets

Leather Satchel Auction

I am constantly questing for a decent and decently-priced leather satchel (PM me if you have ideas). I was eBaying and stumbled across this auction. The bag is *amazing* and WAY, WAY out of my price range. However, the description is worth a read! Pay attention to his comment on how to convince your "Honey." Priceless! :laugh:

2. MSCantrell

MSCantrell Loaded Pockets

Man, I tell you what.
    I don't carry a bag. I never have. I don't plan on carrying a bag any time in the forseeable future.

But I really want to buy that bag!

Now THAT'S some sales copy right there. Jeepers!

3. knightrider

knightrider Empty Pockets

For some reason I really want on of these all of a sudden... :laugh: Looks like an amazing bag. The description is awesome, best marketing ever! The secret money hiding pocket is really cool too.

4. meeshi_ma

meeshi_ma Loaded Pockets

lol, thats beautifully written =)

5. ScarabDrowner

ScarabDrowner Loaded Pockets

think they could have done without that kangaroo however... :green:

6. Edwood

Edwood Loaded Pockets

That's actually a pelvic bone.

very nice bag, but too much $$$ for me.

-Ed

7. ScarabDrowner

ScarabDrowner Loaded Pockets

if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then that's not what I was talking about :)

8. Edwood

Edwood Loaded Pockets

LOL, I missed the, uh dingle berries hanging there in front. :green:

9. el_diabl0

el_diabl0 Loaded Pockets

I just forwarded the link to my brother, who's a bag-a-holic. I guarantee he'll have one of these within a month! Great bag, but also way out of my price range, plus I like a more "tactical" looking bag.

10. boof

boof Loaded Pockets

11. nystrpr

nystrpr Empty Pockets

That is without a doubt, the best written Ebay ad that I've ever seen. :laugh:

12. boof

boof Loaded Pockets

his emails has the same style as well. I wrote him to ask about shipping to japan and it was a rather long email listing all the countires he doesnt but that if i sent to my cousin in the us he could add goodies in the bag and so on. really funny guy. I am seriously thinking to get one myself.

13. KRAaM

KRAaM Empty Pockets

I tracked the Ebay auctions of these for a week and the best price I saw was 390 for a bag that would have been 520 direct from the web site. More typically they went for about 10% off. Also saw a used bag and a second sold for significant discounts.

14. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

I just received mine 2 days ago. It is the best bag. The bag is heavy with all the thick leather that is used. It is quite awesome. I also purchased a similar one from Duluth Trading. The one from Duluth Trading is a great buy, but the leather isn't as good. Also, the SBL Bag has tons more character.

Here's the link the the Duluth Trading bag:
    http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/42004.aspx?feature=Product_6

BTW, the Duluth Trading one is going back this Monday.

15. boof

boof Loaded Pockets

i saw that as well but the guy wont ship to Japan. well actualy it seems he wont ship to any asian country. that kinda sucks.

16. boof

boof Loaded Pockets

PICTURES PICTURE PICTURES!!!! LOTS-O-PICTURES!!!!!
    Hard leather or does it feel like it will loosen up with time? how is it for access? do you have to fuss with the buckles or is it pretty easy? any worries about people being able to get a 5 finger discount on the street?

17. WildEMT

WildEMT Loaded Pockets

DH - you are officially established as "the man." We must have some pictures of that beauty! What a purchase.

18. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

OK, I just got a few PM's. I decided to get this over the Duluth Trading one because of the leather. The leather on this bag is outstanding. It is thick and very soft, so when it hangs on your shoulder, the bag has a little give, so it molds slightly to you. The Duluth one had relatively harder leather so the bag kept it's shape well. Well, the Duluth one looked great when sitting on the floor because of the shape it retained, but one the shoulder, there was no give. It was like having a briefcase on you.
    I know it was an expensive purchase. I had to sell of 2 other bags and a watch to help pay for it, but I believe it will look much better over time as the bag gets broken-in and when you get your own unique wear marks on it.
    I'll post pics. I'll just have to take a few first.

19. meeshi_ma

meeshi_ma Loaded Pockets

I'm proud of you too! ;D That looks like an awesome bag, and if you keep giving reviews like normal, we'll all be better equiped and much poorer...

-Brian

20. nystrpr

nystrpr Empty Pockets

Before this thread, I'd never seen bags from this company, and now I have one on the way. :rolleyes: