1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Beards

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by brand0n, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

2. Cynt
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cynt Loaded Pockets

I prefer bacon drippings over lard, and i go local with the mud.

SAKplumber, brand0n and FL Woods Bum like this.
  3. WichitaJLJ
    • In Omnia Paratus

WichitaJLJ Loaded Pockets

With it being 0 degrees yesterday with a very chilly negative wind chill I was wishing I COULD grow a beard.

I am part Mexican (native, not Spaniard) thus purty darn hairless; I can get away without shaving for about 2 weeks with very little stubble :( .

brand0n likes this.
  4. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

I use a 3-in-1 on mine and then tame it and soften it a little with a small bit of Badger Balm. Not every day, frequency determined by how dirty I've been getting. I was using a comb, but just switched to a military style boar bristle brush since it's getting longer.

brand0n likes this.
  5. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I use hoppes #9 most days, if I'm feeling adventurous I'll use a homemade oil squeezed from honey badger pelts mixed with pine sap and tobacco pipe resin.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

6. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

I don’t use anything special. I wash it with ph neutral soap like the rest of the body except the top hair, which gets shampoo. And I have dry skin, so most of the time I’ll cream the face including the beard after washing.

dcmassena, SAKplumber and brand0n like this.
  7. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

With a question like this you need to go to the experts. Look up the Conspiracy of Beards - their videos will explain everything you need to know.

AK Adventurer and brand0n like this.
  8. Solar Pons

Solar Pons Loaded Pockets

I will shampoo my beard every so often. I don't let my mustache get long enough to wax it. My friend had a handle bar mustache that he waxed.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

brand0n likes this.
  9. ghuns

ghuns Loaded Pockets

I chew tobacco, so I just google Kate Upton and drool down my chin. Work that in with a wire brush and it's GTG. Really hides the greys.

Davidka, SAKplumber and brand0n like this.
  10. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

I've had a beard of varying length for about 18 years. At it's longest point it was down to my belly button. I always use shampoo and conditioner. It keeps me from getting what an old girlfriend called face dandruff. Dry skin being the main cause of the itchiness. It also keeps your beard from getting all dry and scraggly like it went through a wood chipper. When it did get super frizzy or gnarly i would occasionally comb Moroccan Oil through it for a few days after showering. Another trick I learned from a gal. My wife loves my beard and that's in part to the fact that it looks nice and is soft and clean and healthy looking. In the end it's just hair on your face. Do the same thing that works for what's on your head if you are so lucky to still have some:)

Davidka, Lou_G, Mumbojumboo and 3 others like this.
  11. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got a pretty nice beard goin - totally beardo over here, do'h.

Anyway, I use some equate (walmart brand) antibacterial body wash on the whole body. Beard and (short buzzed) hair included.... Or whatever soap my gal has in the shower will do just fine.

I'm so oily (ew, I know), I don't really need any products.

brand0n likes this.
  12. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

I use a 2 in 1 product from Paul Mitchel called Double Hitter. It has no sulfates, and leaves my beard soft/shiny.
    My beard is only 16-18 inches long, so I don't have the experience that most of the guys posting here do. Please take my recommendation lightly.

brand0n, SAKplumber and AK Adventurer like this.
  13. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Lol, only 16-18"? Is that braided or unbraided? ;)

14. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I never even knew there was beard oil. I occasionally scrub in there with a face wash, but sometimes get the dreaded "Face Dandruff" mentioned above. I must look in to these products. Cool thread!

brand0n and AK Adventurer like this.
  15. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I had a full beard in my youth, in the 70s, for a year or two. I kept it trimmed to a reasonable length, and used the same shampoo and conditioner I used for my hair. Seemed like a reasonable approach - they are products for hair care after all.

16. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I never knew there was beard oil either, might have to look into that. I've never had the face dandruff, but do suffer from pretty dry skin around the beard/ mustache edges around my mouth in our extreme dry winter, and use a skin moisturizing cream.

Otherwise I just use the same 2in1 Axe shampoo that I use for the rest of my hair... Even before I started using axe a couple years ago, I would just use the same shamoo and conditioner for the beard as everything else. Works well so far.

I've only had mine for 9.5 years though(7 years straight without shaving it, but I have shaved it all off every fall for 3 years), so I'm still experimenting with care of it ;) For a couple years I even used a heavy sport gel in it to keep from having a "electrocuted frizzy red squirrel stuck to my face" ;) look after motorcycling or similar windy activities, but I quite caring that much about how I look, and now same myself the trouble of using it. :)

Davidka and brand0n like this.
  17. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

I don't intentionally put anything in my beard. However just a moment ago, while reading this thread, my wife informed me that I have enough junk in my beard for a whole other meal. She's still looking confused as to why that was so funny! ;)

18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

You could cross post in the EDC Snacks thread ;)

19. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 Loaded Pockets

I use shampoo, conditioner, and lotion when my face is dry. Other than that I let cigars, whiskey, and gun powder give it a more natural smell.

J_C, Kilted1, brand0n and 1 other person like this.
  20. CatfishTX

CatfishTX Loaded Pockets

I like my beard WWWWAAAAYYYYYY better with some beard oil. Use a badger hair brush (I think it's called a military brush, too) to brush against the grain, then rub in about a nickel sized drop of oil and brush it back in place. I started with almond oil, but my wife got me some argan oil, and it's amazing. It's expensive, but it feels and smells amazing. I use 1 par argan oil to 3 parts almond oil mixed Ina dropper bottle now.