1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

battery nolle pouch

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Mike S, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mike S

Mike S Loaded Pockets

Hey guys, after 10+ hours of searching, im finally reaching out to see if someone else had some ideas. Long story short im looking for a poich for a portable battery pack that is molly compatible to put on the side of a backpack. I want it to be as close as possible to the exact size of the battery as possible. The battery in question is this guy:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Charger-Delivery-Portable/dp/B07XRJZXKY/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?hasWorkingJavascript=1&keywords=anker+26800&qid=1581550887&sprefix=anker+2&sr=8-4

Size is 7.1 x 3.1 x 0.9 inches buy the usb ports are on the top so instead of 7.1 i would be cool with 8 or 8.5" high. I want to put it on the side of my bookbag

I just need it to be molle compatible to interface with the bag.

Closes i have found is this:

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections/pouches/products/tc-3-pouch

but it just dont like the one small column of molle for a 2 lb batery. If this pouch has 2 colums of molle it would be perfect.

Any of you guys have any suggestions because after 10 hours of searching im about best.

Thanks so much in advance.

2. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I think you will be ok with the Maxped if you used an attachment method that if fairly rigid like a malice clip and "wove" it through the molle as opposed to just going through the top and out the bottom

3. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Will most likely have better luck looking in the following pouch categories.
    • Radio pouches
    • Personal First Aid/Mini Trauma pouches
    • Eyewear pouches
    • There's an outside chance something in the larger magazine/ammo category will suit.
    Radio pouches will come in 3 varieties.
    1. Skeletonized (Like the Maxpedition CP-L). This is very adjustable for height, width & depth. Downsides are that it is more open to the elements and prying eyes.
    2. Open top. These generally have some cinch straps to reduce flop.
    3. Closed sides, top flap. Need to find something close to your desired size, but there are usually thick elastic straps on both side panels to reduce slop.
    ATB,
    Sam

4. Ren

Ren Loaded Pockets

5. Mike S

Mike S Loaded Pockets

So I took your advice, had a little too much too drink and went on an amazon spending spree....

That maxped is perfect in every way (in regards to holding that specific battery) but it turned out exactly like I thought it would when attached. I tried both a malice clip AND a blackhawk speed clip and since there is just one column holding the wide pouch, it flops around all over the place. This sucks because that case fits that anker battery like a glove. If that pouch had 2 columns of webbing it would be game over.

Then the other 4 pouches I bought were way too big and they were super cheap quality. Going from TAD gear to china Amazon pouches really leaves something to be desired.... Amazon is going to hate me with these returns

Thanks for all the info, Wolf. I have been scouring the internet looking in these categories for something that will work.

This actually looks like my next best viable option that I have seen. Thanks, Ren!

6. NorthernHarrier
    • +1 Supporter

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I have a Condor GPS pouch, and I can affirm it's a great value.

7. Mike S

Mike S Loaded Pockets

Thanks again to Ren and Northern. That condor pouch is very well made and fits the battery pretty :censored: perfect. If I wanted to split hairs it could be a little less thick but the width and height is perfect. I left the battery inside the included mesh pouch inside the condor for a little extra padding and its great. I guess with the extra thickeness I could keep a few extra rolled up USB cables right inside the pouch with the battery.

Thanks again, Guys!!!