1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bark River Mini Northstar or Mikro Canadian or Mikro Canadian II...

Discussion in 'Knives' started by scríbhneoir, Nov 3, 2008.

1. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

So I own a Mikro Slither with green micarta scales. I love it. It is in my avatar. I was just sure that I wanted a Mikro Canadian next, preferably in mesquite burl. Didn't find one, but found a Mikro Canadian II. And then I saw the Mini Northstar. (Heavenly music swells in background.) I want. But I wanted to know if anyone here has one, how you like it, how do you use it, etc. Thanks!

2. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

I have the mini northstar. I won it in a raffle. It is one my favorite tromping through the woods knife. It is easy to sharpen and holds a great edge. I doubt you will be disappointed.

3. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

You know, it just looked like one that would become a favorite. I can't find it in mesquite burl, but I did find it in some pretty woods. Thanks!

4. mkphc

mkphc Loaded Pockets

I have the Mikro 2, and the mini canadian, (along with some bigger others) had the mikro slither, lil tusk, and psk ALL were great just prefer A-2 better

it all depends what your criteria is?
    hope this helps

5. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

I originally was looking for a Mikro Slither, and couldn't find one, so went with a Mikro Canadian. Been using it for pocket carry, and it's been a great knife so far.

6. MattR

MattR Loaded Pockets

Mesquite burl is one of my favorites too. I just saw some model of Bark River the other day with Mesquite, now I have to go back and find it.

Isnt the Mini Northstar somewhat larger than the Mikro Can? Either way they are slick little blades!