1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Banggood - What to expect?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by indigo_wolf, Aug 12, 2020.

1. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Order placed: 2020-07-23
    Expected Ship Date: 2020-08-12

Got an email late today to the effect:
    " We're sorry to inform you that your product is taking longer than expected to restock because of excessive demand."

New Expected Ship Date: 2020-09-01
    1. How common is this?
    2. Do they have instances of multiple date slippages?
    3. Do THEY ever give up and pull the plug on the order because they can't fulfill it?
    4. Any idea how long to let things proceed before I should start looking for the eject button?
    ATB,
    Sam

2. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I’ve used Banggood a few times. I had a date slip once by a week and it did ship on that date. I know with everything going on that many companies, especially those operating out of or supplied by China, are having delays. The how long you should wait is probably more a question of how bad you want it and can you get it from someplace else. If it is an item that is hard to get, then I am more willing to wait vice if it is something that I could get someplace else at a higher price.

3. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Would probably place it on the hard to get and want it reasonably badly (Note: want, not need) category. I don't mind the date push... I just want it to turn into repeated pushed with no end in sight.

This was more of a sanity check since I have never made a BG purchase before. Most other online sources, I kind of have a baseline for what shipping was like BP and AP (before & after pandemic).

Have another order through Amazon/China Post... says it shipped August 7, but the delivery estimate is still showing as October 1 - October 23. Apparently Amazon has gotten in the habit of WAAAAAAY under-promising their delivery times just to cover their rumps.

ATB,
    Sam

SOS24 likes this.
  4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I try to avoid these Chinese stores altogether, but in those rare cases that I do, Banggood has been my go to.
    It's the first site I tried, and never had any issues, so I don't see any reason to try my luck anywhere else.

I would assume the supply chain is quite unpredictable at the moment. It's only natural to assume that the insane shipping times we experience on the consumer end, is also valid for inbound components and is massively affecting production schedules and delivery schedules to distributors and retailers.

It's not just affecting China. I ordered a Benchmade in late May, and my (domestic) dealer who orders direct from BM is getting delay notices. Latest I heard, it's scheduled for September delivery. Shipping from the US has been about 4-6 weeks on my last purchases, so I'm not expecting to see it any sooner than late October - early November. Close to 6 months if current predictions holds true. That's quite something for a regular production knife.

5. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Ordered flashlights from Fastech and Banggood in the past. Both orders took over a month and this was well over two years ago.

6. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I placed a few orders with AliExpress a couple months ago, and they all got delayed, allegedly because of COVID-19. They have all arrived with the exception of one package, which is coming up on three months.

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I would not be in the least bit surprised if one of the BM issues is that some parts are sourced globally, even if assembly and other parts are US based sources....

That's exactly what has been happening in all manner of sectors from automotive and aircraft to medical PPE etc ad nauseam. Even including prescription drugs (Losartan, widely used for treatment of high blood pressure is virtually a poster child for this. Many times precursors come in from overseas, including China. Losartan - from numerous pharma companies -- long before COVID has been subject to numerous recalls due to contaminants. Gotten to the point where OTHER high bp meds are in short supply as doctors switch prescriptions. Guess how I know? ;)

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

8. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Ouch, not cool. Hope everything works out the meds. Stay healthy and don’t get to worked up over our stupid posts ;-)

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Thanks!

Me? Get worked up? ;). LMAO

Moshe ben David

10. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

stay away from Wish.com too !!

Moshe ben David likes this.
  11. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

you can try Aliexpress, but make sure you buy the items that has an Aliexpress Direct.
    Also always remember, when buying in Chinese online stores, they offer cheap price for a reason. Will help you avoid heartaches later on. hehehe.

Tony Sal likes this.
  12. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets

Thanks for your advice, I'm gonna avoid that site now.

Tony Sal likes this.
  13. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Ordered Jul 23rd.

Currently on the 5-7th date slippage.

Over the weekend, they were showing an expected ship date of Nov 1. In the last day or so, that slipped 2 days to a new expected ship date of Nov 3rd.

Wouldn't mind the wait, if they could actually commit to a date. The item ordered was a Sunwayman flashlight, so it would seem like the manufacturer might have 1 or 2 date slips, but now it's getting a bit silly.

In the interim, Battery Junction posted exactly 1 of these lights on their website that they must have shook loose from the stockroom attic and I was able to snag it. So at this point, canceling doesn't actually fill me with any kind of remorse.

ATB,
    Sam

#13 indigo_wolf, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Tony Sal likes this.
  14. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Same experience with Wish.com
    STAY AWAY