1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

bags with velcro strips inside like Arcteryx Khard?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Fire50, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Fire50

Fire50 Loaded Pockets

Any of you bag experts know of other lower priced bags that have that strip of velcro down the inside of the bag for hook and loop? Does anyone have experiance with the Khard? Is it worth it?

2. switchblade906

switchblade906 Loaded Pockets

Hazard 4 bags do.

3. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

You mean that hook and loop for CCW. 511 rush messenger have it the back zipperred pocket, large path of that thing you can attached nylon holsters with the velcro.

4. Fire50

Fire50 Loaded Pockets

No. I have a maxpedition falcon II that has the hook n loop for ccw. Its a strip of velcro the entire length of interior. For say a medical/airway bag for ems or military. that kind of thing.

hazard 4? I didnt see any velcro like the Khard.

5. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

5.11 All Hazards Prime and Nitro

6. Fire50

Fire50 Loaded Pockets

• Edited per Rule 4
    Like this were you could attach hook n loop pouches throughout the interior.
    [​IMG]

7. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

I have no experience with these types of bags. If you can sew hook and loop material is cheap and you could easily mod a bag you already own.

8. ty.anchor

ty.anchor Loaded Pockets

Maxpedition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. switchblade906

switchblade906 Loaded Pockets

It is a material that any hook and loop will stick to. It's on the inside walls of their bags.

10. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

You can get conversion panels that switch from velcro to Molle or the other way around. There are some ultralight ones that work very nicely.

We've been using more and more velcro, but with mixed feelings. It's quick to detach bags, but the velcro picks up dog hair and dirt in general and is harder to clean. It's hard enough to keep the inside of a working pack clean and velcro just makes it worse. Also, there are some bags and especially pouches coming out with velcro that's horrible -- the corners start pulling loose and the pouch sags on the velcro backing. And note that these bags need some kind of stiffening or padding in the walls or the pouches just make everything sag badly so they look bad and actually carry worse. The Khard has a lining of a fairly stiff foam under the velcro, and that is what makes the velcro work so well. I still don't know how long it will last compared to the old tried-and-true standard of Molle.

11. Fire50

Fire50 Loaded Pockets

I was also concerned with the stiching on these hook and loop attachements. Arcteryx makes some quality products but ill have to concider all the options. Thanks for your input.

12. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Yes, just to clarify, Velcro is the popular brand associated with the hook and loop system. What the 511 rush messenger have is a big patch of the" loop" at the back CCW pocket and at the main compartment on the outside of the laptop sleeve. Hence anything with the "hook" can attach to it just like what's illustrated in the photo.

13. StJimmyS21

StJimmyS21 Loaded Pockets

I'll make a couple of suggestions: In terms of inserts, check out Blue Force Gear; they still have a couple of different models of inserts that will fit either shoulder bags or something similar to the AIII style 3 Day Assault Pack, and a plethora of hook backed pouches in their Dapper section. Also, I believe Hill People Gear just introduced a couple of panels meant to be inserts for their packs. They are joint projects with First Spear, so they are not only loop, but that 6/12 cut that will accept MOLLE.

As far as packs with the interior lined in loop, check out ATS. Some of their versions of the Cobra pack are lined with loop inside, and keep an eye out for Blue Force Gear packs(the Micro, Jedburgh, and Vulcan) I believe are similarly equiped with loop, but in different sizes and shapes. Sadly, they are no longer offered, but they come up for sale on BST or swap meets every now and then. They do have the Hive pack, which is very low profile with a more civilian/trendy design, but very well thought out. Finally, SOTech has a couple of packs out that are more military design, but have a couple of strips of loop on the interior/back wall. I'm sure their are more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Good hunting!

14. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

LBT is coming out with their version of the Khard. Looks nearly identical with laptop storage. Price is lower as well.

15. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I have a Maxpedition Larkspur for sale in the BST area that has loop fields on both sides of the main compartment.

16. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

The MSM Adapt pack has that setup. Smaller than the Khard but a lot cheaper too. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

• Edited per Rule 12...no deal spotting
    Well, about the 'lower' part... Khard 30 from Tactical Distributors costs lower than LBT counterpart.

Now, if only tactical distributors shipped overseas...

18. Fire50

Fire50 Loaded Pockets

I'll check out their website.