1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bags similar to 5.11 PUSH Pack?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ODBenji, Jul 6, 2016.

1. ODBenji

ODBenji Empty Pockets

Howdy

I've been using my 5.11 rush 24 as my main pack for about 2 years now. It was great for getting through school, hauling books while still having room for all my other EDC stuff. I also use it when I ride my motorcycle to work to keep my extra gear. Now that I'm done with school I find that the main compartment is empty while the rest of my pouches are full of my EDC.

I'm looking for bags similar to the 5.11 PUSH pack. Any suggestions? I figure that I need to downsize and then I can leave the new bag with me instead of in my locker when I'm at work (ER NURSE).

Thanks in advance.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  2. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

There are several versions of the 5.11 Push Pack style in different brands. Off the top of my head I think the Maxpedition version is called the Jumbo and then there's another brand that is a clone but don't remember the name right now. If you're just looking for a smaller style bag than your R24, you can also look at the Moab 6 or Moab 10.

EDIT: Looked it up, and the Vanquest Mobius was the other one I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by GatorMedic, Jul 6, 2016
    RED-FIVE likes this.
  3. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

Vanquest
    Maxpedition
    Condor
    Propper
    Voodoo Tactical

RED-FIVE likes this.
  4. Bkjsdc09

Bkjsdc09 Loaded Pockets

Def look at the 5.11 Moab series. They will also integrate with your rush 24 using the tier system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE likes this.
  5. Easyrunning

Easyrunning Loaded Pockets

I downsized from a Rush 12 to a MOAB 6. As long as you don't need to carry it full for a long period of time, it's great.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  6. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

I've downsized to a maxpedition jumbo, very happy with it just the right size for my daily needs with a bit of room to spare on those days I need more, I've added the Janus to it now so I've got a quick removable first aid kit when out and about working. I spent ages watching and reading reviews on loads of bags, the jumbo in brown and black looked the best suited as my EDC for work, after a few weeks with it I'm extremely happy

RED-FIVE likes this.
  7. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

All great suggestions. The new 2.0 Vanquest versions of the Mobius and Tolcat (smaller) now have removeable shoulder straps which is a very interesting feature. Also for a different style bag there's the Torba Mini & Midi edc bags by Sarma Custom Made which can be customized to your own requirements.

If your riding a motorcycle it may be good to have the single strap bag secured with a third point mount stabilizer strap for safety. Don't want the bag to slide around causing issues. The Vanquest, Maxped, do come with waist straps. 5.11 moabs do not. But I've utilized a Hazard 4 Kato/Tanto stabilizer strap that works fine for the moab 10 & 6. I believe you can find them sold separately..... One thing that is a plus about main storage compartments of the Vanquest & Maxped designs is that under the main flap, the cargo area is sealed with a draw cord to prevent items from falling out. The 5.11 Push's main compartment is not completetly sealed and only closed by the top flap ..... Anyways.

I missed out on the Mobius 1.0 and ended up with a Maxped Jumbo & janius combo. Nice system

Lots of nice options availible. ;)
    RF