1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bags, bags, bags, bags, bags... how many do you have and what needs do they fill?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by carrot, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

This is ugly. In reserve 6 Arc'teryx day packs. 1 Bora, 1 Blade 20 for art materials, 3 Blackhawk Stomp II bags packed out with med supplies, 3 army issue full size med backpacks fully packed with med supplies, Large Condor bug out bag, packed. 2 Condor assault packs in reserve, 4 Maxpedition shoulder bags in reserve, 2 Blackhawk Stomp II packs in reserve, 1 EDC Osprey pack in use, 1 large Osprey and 1 large North face in reserve, 1 Deuter in rerve, multiple military hydration packs, 4 ripaway med kits packed, 4 M3 med bags packed, numerous small med kits, And I've cut back." What are you preparing for?" I was asked. "For whatever comes". and a 5.11 PUSH shoulder bag set up yesterday.

steeps likes this.
  2. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

:censored:, I was that stocked before I had a moment of clarity myself (for myself and not applied to others) I cut back from 4 Kifaru's, various 5.11's and MANY other to a MR ASAP, 5.11 old style messenger, and a Tactical Tailor modular and kept all of my roll up style daybags from REI and Dakine. Oh I also kept my E&E.

3. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

I just remember I have a USMC small assault pack I use for fishing.

4. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Quite a large number of packs/daypacks!

5. ozbushy

ozbushy Loaded Pockets

Camelbak ambush for hunting
    Maxpedition Condor 2 for camping,
    Roman transporter 30L going to town, this is the most comfortable one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Where are everyone elses pic's? Need more pic's

Last edited by ozbushy, Sep 28, 2015
    A4VC and Myrddraal like this.
  6. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Goruck Bullet 15(daily work EDC), R12( field trips, parks and rec), 511AHP( 3iday trip), Rotcho Medium Transpoirt( day outdoors), Black Diamond Magnum 20L( light hikes, shoreline trips), TimbuK 2 Ace pack( medium duty work EDC), Timbuk 2 Command pack( 2 of them for 2 day trips).... To be continued!

7. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Bags that get used or are in some type of service currently (or are supposed to be);

• 5.11 Rush 72 - EDC/Work bag, 59lbs, I am a massive pack rat.
    • Tamrac Pro 5/SwissGear Laptop Backpack - Camera body, lenses, flash and misc items sit in the Tamrac which nestles nicely into the main compartment of the SwissGear. Load up the backpack with tons of batteries, memory cards, etc. THis is what I use 90% of the time I go shooting (camera)
    • Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo L.E.O. - Camera bag when I want to use the 17-35mm 2.8 lens, can handle that on body along with the 50mm 1.4 and an older flash elswhere in the bag. Good for bike rides because of the waist strap.
    • Crumpler 4 Million Dollar Home - Minimalist camera bag, 50mm on body, grab and go bag.
    • LAPG 3 Day Pack - Car bag for the wife's car, vehicle most likely around wherever the wife and kids are. Loaded with lots o stuff
    • Fox Tactical Medium Transport Pack - Main family FAK, resides in the wife's car, again, most likely to be in the same place the wife and kids are.
    • GPS Wild About Shooting Medium Range Bag - Range bag
    • Swissgear Laptop Backpack - Used to be my EDC until it couldn't handle the weight anymore, now it sits, waiting for the the other photography SwissGear backpack to fail apart to replace it.
    • LAPG 3 Day Pack - Need to set this up as my car bag or BOB, currently sitting in the house empty.
    • 5.11 Rush 24 - Thought this would replace the SwissGear as my EDC/Work bag but it was too small, have not gotten around to returning it, will likely keep it.
    Bunch of other no name/swag bags/laptop messenger bags around not being used for much along with a LowePro Nova 3 AW and Crumpler December Quarter storing backup cameras and bits that get no use.

8. K. Foster

K. Foster Loaded Pockets

Last edited by A.G. Host, Feb 24, 2016
  9. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Kifaru E&E - light fishing pack
    Goruck GR0 - main EDC and daypack
    Maxpedition Doppelduffel - 3 or 4 day travel bag

10. Endless Fugue

Endless Fugue Loaded Pockets

Synapse 19 - Light EDC/daypack, *most used
    The North Face Surge 2015 - Large/winter EDC (wanted one large enough to throw in a coat no problem) *using atm
    Some Swissgear laptop backpack - Job travel carry-on bag
    Camelback mule (real old) - hiking bag
    5.11 Rush 24 - Get home bag

Jarhead Greasemonkey likes this.
  11. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Thankfully I thinned down my herd. Here's what I have left:

[​IMG]

5.11 Rush 12 Black - Normal carry for anything I need that's not technology

North Face Surge (2015 model) - Carry of choice when carrying Mac and/or other technology

5.11 Rush 12 Multicam - Ambulance bag

Refactor Tactical ASO Bag Foliage - Holds emergency supplies in my truck toolbox

Refactor Tactical ASO Bag Black - Roadtrip and travel bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

race2c likes this.
  12. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

GatorMedic - I was impressed/interested in the Refractor Tactical ASO bags then went to website to take a gander at them. My mouth dropped and my envy for your ASO's definitely went up.

QuodErat and GatorMedic like this.
  13. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

They are definitely pricey which made me put off buying one for a long time. Right before they did the $50 price hike a few months back, I finally bit the bullet. It also helped a little bit that I got a first responder discount. The bags are very high quality so I'm glad I finally made the plunge. One of my friends is waiting on a sale to come up so she can buy a tan one after seeing mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

race2c and QuodErat like this.
  14. QuodErat

QuodErat EDC Junkie!!!

+1

GatorMedic likes this.
  15. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

I only use 2:
    One Eastpak I got over 10 years ago (I was 11 dammit). It's the most versatile backpack I have. I travel with it everywhere. I can pack about 1 week worth of clothes and my general EDC tools in it, no laptop though. I used to have the same in black but the coating inside it flaked off so I went back to my first one.
    [​IMG]IMG_0480 by Gilatabar Glabu, sur Flickr

Other bag I regularly use is a Ortlieb 49L waterproof bag. Grocery bag, clothes, Ikea raid... It's done everything for me. Less relevant since I don't have my motorcycle anymore, but works pretty good as a shoulder bag, or just a travel bag

rongallant likes this.
  16. Rollingstoneandtile

Rollingstoneandtile Empty Pockets

Okay. This is my first time posting in forum. Here are my most current bags I carry. Recently I fell in love with Vanquest products. By far they are the most well thought out product line out there. If you don't own any of their products you should try one out.
    [​IMG]
    The left bag is the Vanquest Katara. This is my most recent purchase. I use this bag as my light edc bag. It comes with me mostly everywhere I go. I typically carry my administrative items in this bag. Bible, Legal pad, moleskin notebook, CCW Glock 43, Micro first aid kit (20$bandit), headlamp, iPad mini, wet naps, eye drops, hand sanitizer, pen, highlighter, ect. I don't like to load down this bag because it's not too big.
    [​IMG]
    The middle bag is the Vanquest Javelin Vslinger. This bag is the bomb. It's actually the first Vanquest product I bought. Lots of room. Cool thing about all Vanquest bags is their use of hook material inside and out of bags. Lots of options for removable modular pouches. Now I use this bag as my camera bag. I have my camcorder, GoPro, StealthyGo tripod, Condor hook and loop pouch for accessories, monocular, Nitecore EC1, Turboflame lighter, Rescue Essentials first aid kit, and various EDC items. [​IMG]
    The bag on the right is my Vanquest Trident 20. This bag is also as cool as the other two. This is my bugout/rifle bag. Inside it has a high visible orange rip stop material that makes your items POP out when looking for something. This bag hold my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 folding rifle (which is a :censored: .40 cal folding rifle that I can legally carry in my truck here in TX), spare mags, molle panel inserts for organization, Headlamp, ect. All these bags have compartment for hydration bladders. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Motorman, Dacama, Gilatabar and 2 others like this.
  17. Rollingstoneandtile

Rollingstoneandtile Empty Pockets

Plan to do a loadout review of each bag with its contents here soon.

18. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

I use the Walmart knock off of that one for my diaper bag. Works great. inexpensive.

19. jukrui

jukrui Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Left to Right:
    Goruck Bullet 10 (Wolf Grey)-Urban
    -Goruck 32L Kit Bag (Black)-Travel
    Goruck GR0 (Multicam)-Outdoor
    Goruck GR1 (Black)-EDC
    Eagle MMP (OD Green)-Outdoor/Emergency

Not pictured:
    Goruck Tote Bag (Black)-Wife's EDC
    USGI Duffel (OD Green)-Travel
    USGI Kit Bag (OD Green)-Emergency

Dacama likes this.
  20. OilfieldCowboy

OilfieldCowboy Loaded Pockets

I honestly couldn't begin to tell you how many bags I have. There are two footlockers, one in the attic and one in the crawl space, full of bags.

I have three that I use on a weekly basis; Tom Bihn Brain Bag, Tom Bihn Guide's Pack, and RedOxx PR5.

I really need to start selling off bags, as I know there are a couple Mystery Ranch and Kifaru packs in those foot lockers.

rongallant likes this.