1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bag organization

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Fort fireman, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Fort fireman

Fort fireman Loaded Pockets

How do you guys organize your bags. Do you just throw everything in or do you use pouches, ziploc baggies, nylon bags. I'm just curious how you guys keep things easy to get a hold of.

I have a lot of my stuff divide up in individual bags. I use a lot of the old BP cuff pouches. One has my whole fire kit in it. One has my head lamp, spare batteries, flashlight with spare batteries, gorilla tape and a para cord bracelet. I have a small nylon bag with my toiletries. I also have a BP cuff pouch with 4 cliff bars and a few green tea bags and few other little food items. I also have a condor ,I think they call it a Bdu wallet, that is basically a mini "survival" kit that goes in my cargo pocket when I'm hunting or in the woods. Just in case I get separated from my bag.
    I guess I should say my bag is primarily my GHB /day bag/ hunting bag. However i carry it most everyday to and from the station.
    I was just curious how your guys keep your thing organized.

vinniec5 likes this.
  2. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

My Rush 12s (yes plural) have so much organization that all my stuff fits into its own spot already built in. A bajillion pics of my loadout are in my EDC thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weej and billybatson like this.
  3. risingeagle316

risingeagle316 Loaded Pockets

I like bags that have ample molle webbing and minimal built-in organization. I keep my most used items in an admin pouch on the front of the bag. The rest of my gear is stowed in the main compartment divided into various nylon pouches to keep everything organized. The pouches make it easy to transfer items between bags and keep me from forgetting/losing stuff :oops:.

Weej likes this.
  4. Andrew.C

Andrew.C Loaded Pockets

I carry a maxped mini organizer with all the smaller tools and items. Things that need a bit more accessibility or dont fit go into the side or top pockets, and the rest goes together in the main pocket

Weej likes this.
  5. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

I usually like packs with a minimum of "built in" organization because no one ever builds them exactly right,I've been using a combination of MOLLE panels,pouches,and organizers to put stuff where I want it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike

Weej, billybatson, vinniec5 and 9 others like this.
  6. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I start with the outside pouches, trying to find the best setup with those, then add pouches inside where needed, I like to leave enough space for lunch, a jacket or change of clothes, or buying something while out and about :)

I aim for minimalism, but never quite achieve it lol

Weej, smokingfish and twin63 like this.
  7. Eagle Scout
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

Impressive MikeM. Thanks for those photos.

Weej and vinniec5 like this.
  8. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I really don't like backpacks because my priority is getting to things quickly. It's more of a bat-belt in a bag than it is all the stuff I could possibly need. I just don't like having things in my pockets.

So, with that in mind, my shoulder bags have to work this way...everything has a place, there aren't too many things in each pocket, and the things I need quickly/often (keys, wallet, light, hand sanitizer, phone, mags) have to be accessible from outside the bag (under-flap or end pockets). Sadly, there aren't too many bags that fit the bill.

I'm about to try tearing apart an admin/organizer pouch thing and sewing it into the internal lining to make specific places for a few things that I don't need very often/quickly but don't want just rumbling around in the main compartment.

Weej likes this.
  9. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

I like various sizes of Viewtainers and Lock and Lock containers. Since they're see thru it makes it easier to see what's in them.

Weej likes this.
  10. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench Loaded Pockets

I switch out between my Moab10 and my Rush12 throughout the year depending on my moods, and how much gear I'll be carrying, but the essentials remain pretty much the same. Fortunately for me, my 5.11's lend themselves to my method of madness. Kinda like jemhouston I have come to love see through containers, mainly the ones meant for fishing tackle boxes. They come in so many shapes and size, and add a little structure to what can become chaos inside a EDC bag. Also batteries, and a battery backup are always on hand, and I bought a bulk pack of the AA/AAA battery organizers so I could always have some on hand. I tend to keep non-rechargables for all those times I end up donating batteries to someone else, or any other time I might not get them back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jaysop

Jaysop Loaded Pockets

Maxpedition pocket organizers are great for putting all the little stuff together.

MikeM, is that a Back scratcher your EDCing in that trip zip?

Weej and vinniec5 like this.
  12. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I used to use a bunch of sub compartments. These consisted of nylon bags. I just got (2 days ago) a Rush 24. There is so much internal organization that I ditched the sub compartments and just use the built in organization.

Weej likes this.
  13. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

Yup......its a back scratcher. Lol most important thing in the pack.

Mike

Weej and Jaysop like this.
  14. Jaysop

Jaysop Loaded Pockets

Hell Yea it is!

Weej likes this.
  15. Jaysop

Jaysop Loaded Pockets

Hell Yea it is!

Weej likes this.
  16. CausticCrow

CausticCrow Loaded Pockets

I just recently picked up a new bag to replace my 5.11 MOAB 10. I was tired of the 'tactical' look and especially the single strap, given all the :censored: I carry at the moment. Though it just seems a larger bag has encouraged that trend...
    [​IMG]

It feels well built, especially only being around 60$. And it has some great organization. It has the admin pocket, the one on top of the admin, the one above the admin, two main compartments with a padded laptop sleeve, a cool side zipper on the right, that goes between the 2 large compartments and admin one. then an expandable water bottle holder, that I just keep zipped up with other things inside, and a small pouch at the bottom length of the bag, holding a built in rain cover.

The Admin pocket is nice compared to all the other bags I looked at in my local sporting goods store, and has more pouches than I can fill (..well...).

[​IMG]

While looking for a new bag, I came across the tackle boxes, and realized they'd be perfect for quickly accessing everything and keeping it organized. It was sort of a 'two birds' scenario, because I wanted something to give the bag vertical support, like the 5.11's plastic insert.

I have a large one pictured, and then a smaller one. I was originally using both, but realized I could easily fit it all into one.

I plan on buying another large one to carry the things I would only use under certain circumstances, (hunting, traveling, general long distance commute(?)) full of things like small binoculars, more batteries, mini fishing kit, misc survival supplies, pocket ref, etc.
    It'd be easy to slide it in and out with the other one, and keep all of my rarely used 'just in case' things, and things I do use occasionally, in one other box.
    [​IMG]

I just threw it together today, and it is by no means complete, nor likely to keep everything in it now.

I've just recently caught on to this sub-divided bag concept, and it seems like itll be great. I'm sure itll take some time and trial and error to get it all set up how I feel it works best for me, but thats one of my favorite parts really.

Below is a hygiene kit I just started throwing together. I still need to buy some random things for it. Mini deodorant, disposable razors, etc.
    It'll only be put in the bag the same times the larger tackle box I plan to buy would be, for hunting, traveling, etc.
    [​IMG]

Then I have a basic FAK I keep. Again I have another, larger, more complete one I'd take when circumstances might demand more.
    [​IMG]

I should really just update my own EDC thread...

Maybe after I get everything figured out how i want.

Eh, since I'm bored, and I'll likely never get to my own EDC thread, heres my current pocket EDC too..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by CausticCrow, Jun 18, 2015
    Weej, ManiaTreks, folly-17 and 5 others like this.
  17. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

CausticCrow what are the dimensions of that Tackle box?

Weej likes this.
  18. CausticCrow

CausticCrow Loaded Pockets

~14 x 9 x 1.75 inches

Last edited by CausticCrow, Jun 18, 2015
    Weej likes this.
  19. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Cheers mate :D

Weej and CausticCrow like this.
  20. brokedave

brokedave Uber Prepared

Ok here is my take. I have a moab 10. I add a lot of pouches to it for the things I got to often and to save space in the bag. But for me all the pouches added unnecessary weight. They tended to get cought on things. They through of the bags center of gravity and drew a lot of extra attention. Also pouches made me carry a lot of extra stuff. Then I switched to a rush 24 and did the same thing with the same results. Then I took (a very difficult) honest look at what I was packing. Moved some items to my get home/car bag. Went back to the moab 10. And worked my gear into the bag as it come. The bag feels and functions better. I have never needed the things took out since I removed them. . My point I guess is to check your edc first then the bag will tell you how to set it. Through fit and function. It's tough to be honest about what you need to edc. One day you have a knife in you pocket the next day you pants won't stay up there is so much in them. If you seen some of the stuff I was doing and purchased since I joined this forum.........