1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bag of evil / emergency grab bag ideas (no guns please)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ObiHann, Jul 7, 2009.

1. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

2. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

Bath towel
    Mechanix Gloves
    Eye protection

3. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget Loaded Pockets

I picked up one of the packable towels from REI awhile back and am happy with it. I have had to use it when I fell behind on my laundry duties and it does work. Folded up its about 5"x3" maybe? It comes in its own zippered sack with a clip attachment device.

4. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

also useful for wringing out clothes while traveling (particularly synthetic quick-dry stuff- you know, the kind you find at REI! it's how i managed to travel for 10 days on only one spare pair of underwear, and lots of sink-laundry)

5. S391

S391 Loaded Pockets

Great list, thank you.

6. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

Where better to be when things get crazy? All cozy in a secure environment, meals provided.

As another Canadian, if things ever were to get a little sideways I would be nervous that the first thing the police would come for would be my firearms. We've got a ways to go in that regard.
    Do try to take the time to get your Restricted. It's not too difficult if you have a decent head on your shoulders.

7. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

+ whatever on adding the gun. If it doesn't have a gun, it isn't a bag of evil (it's not even mean or discourteous) , unless you've go some sort of biological or chemical weapon in there.

8. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

Yeah..........terrible to say out loud,but in a total melt down situation a firearm is the one tool that can get you everything else you need.

Mike

9. Pyromaniac96

Pyromaniac96 Empty Pockets

True or not, this could be interpreted as illegal activity, which as you know isn't looked upon to kindly by the mods (and many other members).

Back to the OP...

I agree with JPTP, check your federal, state/province, and local ordinances on carrying a good fixed blade. I'd take a $30 fixed blade over a $2000+ folder out in the woods because it just is a much stronger design for anything you're going to be doing. Nothing to break except for the blade, and if you do you're REALLY abusing it...

10. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

News flash............If it really Hits The Fan.......laws won't be followed and it would be up to you take care of yourself.
    Survival will be priority one.My comment was clearly stated as a "2012" type response not an endorsement of illegal or improper firearm use.
    They don't call it a Bag of Evil because you carry roses in it.

Mike

11. Pyromaniac96

Pyromaniac96 Empty Pockets

Sorry if I said anything to anger you, just didn't want you getting a slap on the wrists/this post possibly getting locked because of rule #5.

12. Claren

Claren Loaded Pockets

You're going to need a lower-level light as well. If this bag is for a true emergency, there are lots of problems with your lowest light being 100 lumens; you'll blind yourself if you use it for close-in work with night-adapted vision. Other people will be able to see your 100 lumens for a long, long, long ways away at night.

You'll need a light with a high of about 10 or 15 lumens, and a low as low as you can get it. 1 lumen, or even 0.3, if you can find one.

13. Chinaman

Chinaman Empty Pockets

When I read bag of evil I automatically though of my tool bag.

My tool bag consists of:
    -mini sledge
    -pry bar
    -mini bolt cutters
    -mini hack saw
    -adjustable wrench
    -groove joint wrench
    -pliers
    -550 cord
    -a roll of duct tape
    -zip ties
    -wire cutters
    -bit driver with 3 different sizes of flat and philips head

My plan for this bag is for use when traveling and for when a see the collapse of the government in conjunction with my other EDC gear.