1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bag for school, help a brother out.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Pilgrimm, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

^^^^

Tactical Tailor even has the foliage green version (aka urban grey) on their website right now for $74.25 too...

Pilgrimm and zombieslayer001 like this.
  2. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

It might be easier (and cheaper) on you if I do a review on the Urban Operator for everyone's benefit. If and when they respond to my inquiry on their Admin Enhanced for the Admin Pouch Death Match, I'll also ask if they'd be willing to send an Urban Operator for review.

Pilgrimm likes this.
  3. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use the 5.11 Rush 12, works perfect with my 15" thinkpad and would work with an even bigger laptop, there is a built in pocket which fits the laptop perfect, i also have space for books, sketchbooks, my maxpd fatty with all my pecils, and my rather larger FAK. People saying that it is too small, have you tried it, or just looked at pictures? I think it is a large bag compared to what my fellow students are using.

blt2drg and Pilgrimm like this.
  4. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

I have an Ogio Metro (not the Metro II) and I love it. It lacks the dual compression straps and is decidedly non-tactical, but it works great as a school bag. It has a dedicated laptop compartment and plenty of room in it for my massive stack of books and papers. I have had it for about a year now it shows minimal wear and tear.

Pilgrimm likes this.
  5. Pilgrimm

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

I thank you guys very much for the help, comments and replies and sorry I havent gotten back to yall sooner. I have been busy running around town, helping friends out and such.

I pulled the trigger today on the Tactical Tailor bag after looking at it the past couple days. The fact it has a built in laptop compartment, and the fact its 1800 cu in, itll leave room or be roomy enough for books, folders, binders, granted I carry the laptop with me and a FAK and other necessities. Its not fully tactical yet it does touch base on it, and im hoping it has decent organization in the front pockets.

I was going to invest in a Tom Bihn Synapse yet I need to get the rear end on the truck fixed and tires within the next week so I dont have to worry about those anymore. Mortgage happened to hit the same time and I STILL need to get books for school, lol, ya, dubya tee eff. Itll all work out, if theres a will theres a way. I plan on having a Synapse on the way within the next two weeks and switching out my current EDC bag for the Synapse, Ill just have to see and compare the Urban Operator and Synapse and see which one meets my needs for different occasions.

I will post pictures when I receive the bag. I thank yall much again, wouldnt have ever have known of the Operator if it wasnt for yall.

Hope all is well!

Gnarly, TARFU and zombieslayer001 like this.
  6. Danger: Wildman

Danger: Wildman Loaded Pockets

I use the covrt 18 and i think its perfect for school, alot of space and its comfortable. It also does not have that tactical look.

fmf1854 likes this.
  7. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Well? :cool:

Gnarly and Pilgrimm like this.
  8. Pilgrimm

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

SNAP!

Lol, thank you TARFU for pointing out my slackness, completely forgot in all honesty.

I received the bag a couple weeks ago and was unsure upon opening the box. I glanced it over and was still unsure, thinking it may be to big, not enough organization, yet loaded it up, took it school the next day and my thoughts of being unsure changed in an instant.

The bag is freaking great. I got black, and in my opinion, it blends in very well and doesnt look like the least bit of a "tactical" bag what so ever. All of my books fit comfortably, all in all, 2 school books, a 3 subject notebook, and (2) 1" binders( both binders contain two of my leafless books ). More importantly, the straps are very comfortable, not stiff one bit nor do they cut into my neck and/or shoulders. Given all of the contents, I can still manage to fit my Asus 15" laptop in the laptop designated sleeve which I carry with me Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The bag literally beads all of the rain off, and one week it rained straight for 5 days, no joke. No zippers get caught at all and the front pocket turns out to actually have decent organization that I am now content with.

I am very happy and pleased with the bag to say the least. For $100, this is a bag you really cant go wrong with and will hold up to and for multiple uses, plus, it simply looks bad a s s.

I will have pictures up tomorrow, sorry for the delay!

TARFU and Gnarly like this.
  9. zombieslayer001

Tactical Tailor is the bomb diggity!

Gnarly and Pilgrimm like this.
  10. Pilgrimm

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

Fo Sho!!!!!!!!

11. zombieslayer001

I just bought two of their woobies for my son and I and for less than $24.00 they are awesome! So much so that I am buying two more for the women in our house. These things are soft and warm and are good sized for when you want to take a nap.

Pilgrimm likes this.
  12. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

If you look at my thread in BST, you'll see a kodiak for sale. Too big for me, but it works really well for school

13. HybridMomentsPass

another vote for urban assault. I have the XL for school, love it! handles all my books + laptop + other stuff great.

Pilgrimm likes this.
  14. Pilgrimm

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turns out I reached my limit as to how many pictures I can upload via tapatalk...? Never have dealt with this before yet I wouldve posted 2 more pictures to be able to view the laptop compartment and front pocket. Sorry for the inconvenience, is there anyway to combat that by chance?

I guess you can somewhat get the gist of the bag however. Once again I highly recommend this bag for school, everyday usage or possibly another bag to add to the arsenal.

Very well made, no questions about that, and made in these here States, woot woot!

Once I can figger out out to add these other pictures im on it.

Sent from the 3rd Galaxy

15. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

16. MedicInTraining
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

I use a knock off of the Level III Assault Pack by Voodoo Tactical which is very similar to the Maxpedition Falcon and I find it perfect for uni. I carry my laptop and two or three books worth of notes plus some snacks and the rest of my EDC gear in it. I'd like something bigger but I'm not exactly sure what yet. I've also got a Rush 24 but find it too big :(

17. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Those bungee loops look very similar to the ones on the Tom Bihn Smart Alec, but perhaps not as heavy duty. Still... hmmm.... Accessory Straps perhaps? Reflective Bungee? Not sure if Tom sells those but you can ask Darcy. Gatekeeper Clips for attaching admin pouches. Oh Yeah.

You're welcome. ;)