1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bag colors

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Mowgli25, Jun 18, 2012.

?

What color

1. Black

74 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Khaki

24 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. OD green

13 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Foliage green

39 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. Acu

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Multicam

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Love the T Rex patch, almost got one for my son last time I placed a Maxped order, but they were out.

2. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

I've got a nice Lost world ACU patch. Looks very nice.

Flashman likes this.
  3. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

An example of Kryptek Typhon - Kifaru Zippy with custom Dunamis Gear pouches..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

twin63 likes this.
  4. JC807

JC807 Loaded Pockets

I have a Black Kifaru Molle Express and walked all over Manhattan and no one looked at me funny.

Back home in Australia I mostly have my Typhon E&E with me but on trips I take my Foliage Kifaru Duffel.

I recently bought my two boys 5.11 Rush 12 back packs in Sandstone colour. They are well built and worth the extra $ over a K-mart quality backpack but still not as well made as the Kifaru stuff I have, but on a value per dollar basis they are pretty much ideal.

5. Easyrunning

Easyrunning Loaded Pockets

Grey is my first choice as well. I have a MOAB 6 in grey and a RUSH 24 in Double Tap. I wish more bags came in Grey.

6. Redneck Bear

Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

7. IndianaGeo

IndianaGeo Loaded Pockets

Hmm, Just chiming in here...I think many of the 'tactical' brands would run a serious risk of watering down their brand if they were to exploit the geek market or whatever you want to call it. Smart firms know their brand well and who their customers are. They aren't (or shouldn't be) looking to chase the next fad or hot trend, unless of course they're purely a fashion brand. "Tactical" is a niche market. I personally would be quite turned off to a tactical bag brand that introduced trendy colour to chase a fad.

IG

8. purplelady

purplelady Loaded Pockets

Purple is my happy color, so I mostly buy bags that are purple, but they do have to be functional also. Very hard to find functional bags in the color purple, but I am always on the lookout.

9. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Black is my first choice. If you mix and match brands, bags, and pouches, the best chance of *matching* colors is with black. I admittedly chuckle when I see an OD green backpack with a slightly different OD green pouch next to a slightly different OD green water bottle holder. It takes me back to the days of denim jeans, denim shirt, denim vest, and a denim jacket that all just a slight change in blue. Add a thin tie with piano keys print and prepare to push the girls away. No additional charge for the fashion tip!

10. Pepsi Jedi

lol yes. I have to agree. Colors, even named the same (Od Green, Ranger green, Foilage green, all the different babycrap browns) Seldom match between different companies. They might be close but seldom the same. It's likely a rights thing. They likely have to change them a shade or two to prevent lawsuit or something. That or they just don't WANT the colors to actually match, because they want you to buy 'all' your stuff from their company so it'll look right.

Redneck Bear likes this.
  11. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

...black is always black...

Redneck Bear likes this.
  12. Pepsi Jedi

Sadly not really. Some blacks are deeper than others.

13. Locomoco

Locomoco Loaded Pockets

Black. I'm tired of the TSA bothering me.

14. Pepsi Jedi

Why would the TSA bother you?

15. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

I've just recently bought a Kifaru 14'r in Coyote. Coyote looks nice and rugged without looking too military....even though it is one of the most legitimate military colors. But as far as the TSA, I've mentioned before that I pretty much travel for a living and frequent about four international airports a month, usually carrying either a foliage THE Pack or a Multicam Zippy and I've never been bothered by the TSA...since I quit carrying protein powder anyway. I am TSA pre-check though but no one ever bats an eye at me. My pick was foliage green and I wish it were still more available. I though it was a great, nice looking, neutral color. I'm not into wolf blue, but I'm really liking the Kifaru ranger green.

16. battlestage

battlestage Loaded Pockets

Right now my EDC pack is a TAD Fast Pack Litespeed in Multicam black. I have no good reason as too why other than it was something different then plain black but doesn't stand out as anything uber tactical to a lay person.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk