1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bag change! HELP size problems

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by anonimouse, Jul 27, 2015.

?

Which Bag?

1. RUSH 12

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Falcon 2

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. OTHERS

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

I have a RUSH 24 and a RUSH 12.
    I'm 5'8", and the GF is 5'3".
    She finds that the RUSH 12 is the perfect size for her and that the 24 is a bit large, but might be doable if she had to carry more stuff, so has tried on the RUSH 24 several times. (working in a store that sells them provides her ample opportunity to try them on)
    She finds though that after trying on the RUSH 24 several times now, that it is not comfortable for her and will stick with her RUSH 12
    I find both fit me just fine and it depends on the amount of things I need to pack that will be the determining factor.
    That little bit of torso length makes a difference.
    The yoke straps for me were uncomfortable until I started carrying the bag slightly lower than my previous bags.
    Once I hit that sweet spot, the RUSH bags feel like they aren't even there when I wear them.

2. jkjustic

jkjustic Loaded Pockets

I read that you've already made up your mind, so I won't attempt to change it. My vote was for the Rush 12. Construction and the utilization of quality materials, internal/external organization, and price point were the immediate features that got my vote. *edit: I'd like to add that I am now a Tom Bihn carrier now though.

3. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

Based on this post I checked out greenroom136 and gotta say their stuff looks pretty cool. I ordered a custom pack and emailed them about some options that weren't listed (sunglass pocket). They were very responsive and even sent me a render. So far so good in the customer service category. Hopefully. the bag is as good as their service. :)

Bobby Leang likes this.
  4. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Sweet! Right?! I'm really interested in their waxed-canvased stuff with fidlocks & ghost buckles; but at that point, it starts to get pretty up there.

5. Bobby Leang

Make sure you check out the review by RMKOutdoors on YouTube:

6. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

Yeah they are very sweet. I ordered the custom bag with the fidlocks, side pockets, the slimzip pocket and added a sunglass pocket at the top (had to email them) Mostly black with just some gray touches. This is the render.

[​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/k942ga
    [​IMG]

7. Bobby Leang

I'm interested in these side pockets and sunglasses pocket that you're talking about - those options sound new. Hopefully they eat into the outside cabin because that thing is like 10L in itself because of the way it expands out.

8. Bobby Leang

Doh, I just looked it up. Dude, problems solved!! That Peel Away compartment and Sunglasses compartment are way better than the previous design that I have.... fml.

9. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

Lol sounds like it's time to upgrade. The sunglass compartment was not on there last night but I emailed them this morning and they said they could do it then it just showed up on the site today. I must not of been the only one who asked.

10. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Which of Tom Bihn's bags are you carrying?

11. jkjustic

jkjustic Loaded Pockets

A45 black ballistic, Pilot black ballistic, Tri-Star black ballistic, Synapse 25 Original Halcyon, Tri-Star packing cube backpack Original Halcyon, and accessories in Northwest sky. I've been truly impressed with the quality, and overall build. I love how much stuff I can pack without them becoming too heavy. I hate checking luggage, and I get a kick when folks ask, "Is that all you're bringing?" I'm definitely a TB convert.