1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bad Behaviour hurting the name of gun owners.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by JonSidneyB, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Tradecraft

Tradecraft Banned

When the property owners start shooting back that crap will come to an end!

2. Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi Empty Pockets

I was getting on a freeway in a densely populated city in southern California and noticed that a city power junction box that sits on the ground was shot from about a 15 foot distance by what looked like #4 buckshot (I guess #4, or similar since it didn't penetrate). The box is on the drivers side so figure out how that was done. Not only that considering the thickness of the box the shooter was a real bone-head at the distance.

We have a tough problem with the anti-gun lobby in California this kind of stuff as you said Jon only makes all of us look bad.

3. VinnyP
    • In Omnia Paratus

VinnyP Loaded Pockets

I never said it was your fault, I said it was irresponsible gun ownership to let a gun be stolen. It would be irresponsible to let a baseball bat be stolen if a baseball bat was designed as lethal weapon. If no gun owner was irresponsible by my definition there would be no gun crime is that a bad thing?

4. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

The saying is "If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns". Most forget that a criminal doesn't obey the law, so gun laws make no difference to them, just make the victims easier to victimise! Need to increase the penalty for using any weapon in a crime!!!

5. Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi Empty Pockets

How can you think there would be no gun crime? Guns are stolen from what you consider responsible owners everyday. Criminals then use those stolen guns in gun crime.

6. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

Vinny, Having no gun crime would be great. Having no crime would be better.

Safes are not inpenetrable, they can and have been broken into. Even good ones.

The problem lies not with the tool used to commit the crime, but the criminal. Lets say there were no guns, they were never invented, you still have hundreds of other tools that can be used to kill. Mankind has been killing one another since we first learned to stand erect, human nature is to look after them self even if that means taking a life.(As i'm sure you would be willing to do in defense of your family)
    Human nature cannot be changed, man will always find ways to kill.

7. VinnyP
    • In Omnia Paratus

VinnyP Loaded Pockets

I doubt it, it may happen but not every day or even every month. TV has a lot to answer for. This is nothing to do with me just a quick google search but it's a pro gun forum.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-171964.html

8. defibrilator

defibrilator Empty Pockets

Here in my county we have very strict weapon laws restricting civilian firearms ownership and usage to hunting and range shooting (with hard to get license for every firearm and sky-high tax making every firearm cost around 4X US price),all to discourage civilian ownership.That laws don't stop the crime or criminal ownership of firearms,especially since firearms are more easely obtained and are cheaper through black market than legal trades,for instance few months ago local police department found out that they were missing 549 handguns from their warehouse(after some were used in crimes),it turned out that one LEO was steeling them and selling them to criminals and he was doing so for a few years.

Oh and speaking of irresponsibility,when I was a kid I had this really awesome dog,but dog was afraid of explosions(firecrackers and such),so one day a group of local drunkards went "hunting" on a nearby patch of forest,dog got scared of gun-shots,jumped over the fence and runned away.I found him next morning on a meadow behind the forest shot to death.

9. Claren

Claren Loaded Pockets

Somewhat off-topic, but I challenge you to produce an article (from a reputable peer-reviewed publication) that proves or even strongly supports this statement.

10. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

According to this, violent crime is down. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States I heard that we were at a 30 year violent crime low and could hardly believe it. Granted, we are talking about 2 different things, here. The country saw a large increase in violent crime in the '90s. This was largely due to the criminalization of gun ownership by the Clinton administration.
    We all know there is an opposite correlation than most people expect. The places in the US with the highest violent crime rates have the most stringent gun laws, again, largely due to the fact that gun running and gang activity becomes more lucrative when the government punishes "good" gun owners.
    Everyone points to Europe as the model we should strive for, because Europe has lower violent crime. This is largely due to the decriminalization of drug users. Also, the United States continues to allow at-risk demographic groups to live as groups in government-funded poverty in large inner-city enclaves which is (as we have seen for almost 50 years now) a recipe for absolute and utter failure. So all we need to do is 1)Decriminalize gun ownership and get every able-bodied Joe a gun (see also, "Switzerland") and watch the violent crime rate plummet 2)Decriminalize drugs. It would be the nail in the coffin of the activities of most criminals, from burglars who steal for drugs to the biggest drug cartels, and 3)Change the welfare policy of this country, spend as much money as we need to get the inner-city kids educated. Public education has failed miserably at this as well. Private and charter schools are the answer on this one.
    Also, I think people think we are having huge increases in violent crime (me, included) because of our access to 24/7 media coverage. They have to fill their coverage with something, so they report on EVERYTHING.
    End of rant.