1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bacon on your burger?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Underhill, Aug 31, 2009.

?

Bacon on your your burger is

1. Not allowed

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Tolerated

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. Preferred

20 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Much preferred

33 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Required

25 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. moeman

moeman Loaded Pockets

One of my favorite Pizzas from Pirrones PizzaPirrones is a Hamburger, Tomato, Bacon pizza. The best St Louis style pizza!!!

2. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Cheesecake?

Just went to Applebee's and got the Brewtus steak burger with Applewood bacon, one of the best burgers ever!

3. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

I would like to complain about the posting of this link as I feel it is foolish and a threat to the public wellbeing. I have friends and family who struggle daily with temptation and failing arteries and the veiwing of sites/sights such as this is simply too much for them.
    It also allows children who see this kind of thing to grow up thinking it is OK to eat bacon and clog their arteries with cholesterol.
    I'd like to complain about it but my bacon lattice is ready and I have to go..... :woohoo: :bolt:

4. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

When bacon is outlawed, only outlaws will have bacon. :p

Fat, happy outlaws with a life-expectancy well-below the national average! :laugh:

"Can't...commit...crimes! Too...FAT!"

5. Underhill
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Underhill Perpetually Hungry

I actually made the bacon lattice today, and to be honest it wasn't as good as I expected :(
    I think this may have been partially because the bacon was baked instead of fried,and partially because the cheese kind of detracts from the bacon in this case.
    It probably also would have been better with eggs and potatoes, instead of just by itself.

6. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Had a BLT today, with a little guacamole in there for variety.

'Twas good! I love me some BLT! :)

7. bartsdad

bartsdad Loaded Pockets

Grilled the bacon today for the bacon cheese burgers. Not everything is better on the grill. Bacon is still best cooked in a pan or on a flattop.

8. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Luckily this outlaw has a super high metabolism :p

9. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

THIS outlaw also has a high metabolism, but he wouldn't eat bacon at every meal. "You can't DO that!"

;D

10. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

That sounds like a challenge to me. Bacon as the meal or bacon on the meal?

11. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Bacon somehow involved in the meal. Eating bacon is eating bacon. You can't say the bacon didn't count just because it was a side-dish or a garnish or because it was part of another course. That's cheating (your arteries know the real score, anyway)!

12. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Bacon as the meal and bacon as a part are 2 different things. Eating nothing but bacon would be too :censored: hard, especially financially. I'm still with having bacon with every meal though, I could use the extra weight.

13. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I could stand to put on a little weight myself, but I'd prefer to add more muscle than fat and artery-plaque. :p

Don't get me wrong, I love bacon. I LOVE it. But eating it at every meal is just asking for trouble. I'm even thinking that once a DAY is going to shave a few years off my existence (had some this evening on a chicken sandwich...:censored:, it was good). I may have to up the exercise and anti-oxidant intake to offset the bacon, tobacco and alcohol I'm trying so very hard to enjoy in moderation.

14. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Isn't it ironic that so many things we really enjoy are bad for us, when in the UK I love to go to a Greasy Joe's type cafe for a traditional British greasy breakfast, 2 large rashers of smoked bacon, fried bread, baked beans,fried mushrooms, black pudding, 2 fried eggs(sunny side up) and bubble squeak ( which for you non Brits is left over cabbage and potatoes mashed together and fried, tastes much better than it sounds) and lots of OK sauce and 2 thick slices of bread and butter on the side. Enough calories and cholesterol to last you a week or two there.

15. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

When I read or am told about British food I am just as intrigued and delighted by the quaint slang as I am terrified by the contents, composition and dietary implications. :laugh:

Then I remember that this sort of food was necessary back when everyone routinely got up several hours before the sun rose and had to work 16-hour days in coal mines, factories, and doing all sorts of backbreaking labor, probably from the time they were old enough to wield a shovel, pick or hammer. :knuppel2:

Under those circumstances, it's "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die!" :D

16. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

To get an idea of `good´British food look up some of Deliah Smith's traditional recipes on her site, it wasn't all lethal, just some of it. To try one good item there is in N. Cal at Grass Valley, Nevada County an excellent Cornish Pasty shop, their fare is as good as any from the Old Country.

17. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just read one of Delia's recipes for bacon-and-egg pies, and they sound amazing. I'd probably eat way more of these than I ought to if presented with an opportunity. :-X

There's a Cornish Pastry shop in Grass Valley, huh? If I'm ever down that way and have the opportunity, I'll be sure to give them a try. Thanks! :)

18. IROCKID

IROCKID Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

Great movie BTW..the rest of that dialogue was awesome too..."that'd have to be one M&^&$%F'ing charming PIG...."

19. IROCKID

IROCKID Loaded Pockets

Je$u$, can I come to your BBQ's?

I like that, No white showing through...must make a mess of your clothes eating that one....hubba hubba!

20. IROCKID

IROCKID Loaded Pockets

Recipe please...!

I use to get these cornbread and cheddar w/bacon muffins at my Highschool cafeteria....lunch lady never would give me the recipe..