1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Back again. Life changed and I need a new EDC Bag for a surface and a 40oz hydroflask

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Vartz04, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I’d prefer a small size (14-20 L max) as my goruck bullet doesn’t hold enough and the goruck GR1 is too big. I’m going to be selling the GR1 to find this purchase.

I don’t do much air travel anymore so I don’t need something the size of the gR1 to one bag it. I work for a construction company and do a lot of meetings so I basically need to carry my EDC crap and the surface and some extra notebooks/files.

2. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Coming from the goruck, idk if this will be different enough, but I have two suggestions. The recycled firefighter 12hr battallion pack and/or the tactical notebook covers admin rig. I'm the project manager for our residential construction company and I use both daily. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ArkansasFan30 and Nick4305 like this.
  3. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Funny I was just looking at that. Not sure if it’s big enough jump over the goruck bullet.

4. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Check out the Direct Action Dust. It's a smaller backpack that has side pockets large enough for a 40 ounce flask.

Durandal64 and demPho like this.
  5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have been using the Evade Pack for the last year or so and could not be any happier with it in construction overall.
    The bottle pockets are great and hold the 40oz hydro and never feel like they will rip or tear like most seem to for me.

I often carry way too much in it and it feels OK to me for that too!
    The organization is great but also not really in my way which can be tricky in a lot of bags for sure.

I would buy another one Today if something happened to mine,it is that good!

Chris C and Myrddraal like this.
  6. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

The evade looks too big for me but I do like the direct action dust. Seems to split the difference size wise between the bullet and the GR1. Hopefully I can get the $140 or more out of the wolf gray gr1 and make the switch to something like that

7. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

The 21L GR1 (GR0) is too big?

A lot of folks here like the Vertx line. Vanquest was something I used to haul a water bottle and tablet around with although I had to attach a skeletonized bottle holder to the side.

If you like way too much PALS webbing, something of the 5.11 Rush series might suit your fancy.

There are some cool, nondescript The North Face bags floating around out there.

Direct Action and Tazmanian Tiger are pretty cool.

Jay-uk likes this.
  8. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

The reason I’m not jumping to another goruck is the lack of a bottle holder and the molle doesn’t go up high enough on the sides to really hold a bottle holder. I love the goruck but In my current situation it just doesn’t really work

9. Pardner

Pardner Loaded Pockets

My suggestion would be a Kifaru Antero. Built in water bottle pockets, panel/side loader (check out the video), pocket for sunglasses, and a built in external pocket on the front/mesh pocket inside. Also have the option to add organizer of your choice to the front and also chamber pockets in the inside. Just make sure to get the latest version with the bottom shoulder strap permanently attached (the older model had clips that would rub).

10. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I do like that pack Pardner but it’s a little rich for my blood at this time.

11. Jdjernigan

Jdjernigan Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

The UA Coalition 2.0 is bigger (35L) than you are looking for but it carries like a smaller pack. The outside buckled compartment is what I find myself using the most because it is really convenient to just unbuckle and toss in a notebook and iPad. I am really digging this pack and it is the smallest pack I have carried in a long time. I looked at a Rush 12 and just felt it was too small and the same issue with the MOAB 10. I like having the ability to shove in a rain coat, fleece, or extra files with the buckled compartment.

If you want to check one out just hit a Best Buy, they have them for about $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 Jdjernigan, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  12. ArkansasFan30

Incorrect, sir. Goruck sells a bottle holder. I have it. When affixed to the GR1 it is flush with the bottom of the bag! Good stuff.

13. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Sorry didn’t know they had that. Checked it out. Looks short so a 40oz flask will likely not be well supported. I have a blue overland molle pouch that I tried on my goruck and it sucked due to the lack of height of molle supporting the pouch. Looks like their pouch was just made shorter.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  14. ArkansasFan30

Good luck in your hunt. I don't know what your flask is. The GORUCK closed bottle holder holds my Klean Kanteen or Nalgene.

15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just stuck a Dump Pouch to the front of the GR2 Molle and the 64oz Hydro even fits in there!
    When done I just roll it up and it rides flat unless needed again.
    Just another idea.

16. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Couldn’t wait. Direct action Dust in storm gray showed up today. This is the perfect size for what I need now. Now my hydroflask needs to come back from warranty so I can make sure that’ll work and I’ll get it loaded up and start using it. Pictures in a different thread coming soon

Myrddraal and demPho like this.
  17. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I’m assuming you aren’t looking for a messenger bag ( 5.11 Mike or Lima ) so I’d take a look at the UA Coalition 2.0 like @Jdjernigan mentioned.

Jdjernigan likes this.
  18. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Awesome. I've got the dragon egg and love it. Their admin sections are great. Bag is holding up nicely!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Myrddraal likes this.