1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Back after long hiatus - how is everyone?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jos28EVO, Apr 16, 2013.

1. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. I have not been on in a while. I hope everyones year is going well so far. Not sure what to say other than maybe an update on myself...
    Since posting last: Graduated with Mechanical Engineering degree and have been working since. Took a break from collecting the knives and bought a new car... hint... My forum name includes my car name. Recently i have been adding Spyderco knives to my collection as well as a few other blades here and there. Back to the sickness!

Any suggestions on spyderco? Im getting back into being familiar with the Forum so pardon my post if it is out of place.

2. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

Welcome back! Would love to see a picture of that jos28 car!.. :p
    What Evo did you get? Allways loved those cars, but the prices are INSANE on "fun" cars in Norway. :(
    So post a pic so I can at least drool a bit over.. :p

jos28EVO and Take2 like this.
  3. larry h

larry h Loaded Pockets

Welcome back and yes pictures please!

jos28EVO likes this.
  4. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

Oh man, that first reply made my week! And its only Tuesday. Always great to have an occasional laugh or two during the work week! Thanks so much. I will indeed have to do that. MAYBE do a double and place ALL my knives DELICATELY on it for the picture! Shes a dream, I will certainly need to assist you in both your requests.
    Much appreciated you guys.

Vesp and Take2 like this.
  5. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

Remind me please how to do the image thang. Photobucket first then attach the image code? Is that correct?

6. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yes yes, just paste the image url in the window that pops up when you press the little tree picture, next to mini film thingie (use that one if you rather show us a video pls) above the window where you type your post.

jos28EVO likes this.
  7. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

Welcome back to the addiction forum!!!:)
    I'm not a big fan of Mitsus. I used to work at a dealership that sold/serviced them, Rick Case Mazda, Mitsubishi and Hyundai, and they were all garbage. Tons of warranty concerns and the warranty reps were evil! That being said, I love the EVOs!!! They're just spectactular!

What Spydercos do you currently have? May I suggest the Southard?!
    [​IMG]

8. barlas

barlas Loaded Pockets

Welcome (back) to the forums!

jos28EVO likes this.
  9. Joost Heijnen
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Joost Heijnen EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome back. Pics please.. :)

jos28EVO likes this.
  10. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hello and welcome back to EDCF !!!! :)

jos28EVO likes this.
  11. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

12. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

Haha love em too! Not going to argue there, you obviously have the up front experience at the shop. Funny you mention the Southard though. I JUST sold mine on eBay. Liked it a lot... too much actually and decided to sell it since i didnt want to use it. My lose i know, but i have so many other Spydercos to put through the motions it just wasnt worth it. Sage CF (sold to my younger brother), Caly 3 (amazing), Manix MG, Native 5 MG, (2) Delica 4 (perfect size for me), Dragonfly (ideal office EDC for me), Citedel Auto, Fixed blade that i forget the name of (sexy blade!), Centofante 3, Stretch. Not sure how i like the Stetch yet though. LOVE the other ones! Oh and in the safe at my parents place i have the Kris, i believe it is called. With the unique wave blade.

jeepsrjason likes this.
  13. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

I went with a white 2012 GSR.
    I thought i posted a reply to this thread before my responce to jeepsrjason with an update to the request above. but it is not appearing so i will incorporate it here. 'Update on images. Went to my parents place last night and shot a quick video per the request. I guess the request was the initiative i needed to post my very first youtube video. Thanks guys! It is being "processed" at the moment so i do not yet have a link to provide, sorry for the wait. NEXT will have to be my knife collection for you guys!'

Vesp likes this.
  14. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

Nice! looking forward to the video. :)
    I don't think we have that new Evos here.
    Newest I could find in Norway was a couple of 2010 GSR's and they was all around $100G.. :(

15. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

I wish there was a dislike button on here JUST FOR YOUR COMMENT! Because that is very sad news to hear about your local in Norway. Something should be done about that. Does anyone know the waiting period for an iPhone uploaded youtube video to be "processed"? I THINK i might start conveying my collection via video if it isnt a hastle. Use my brothers go pro....

Vesp likes this.
  16. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

THE LINK as promissed. Dont judge hahah

... so i was a little more excited before i saw the quality of my video on youtube. But i will make sure the next one is much better for you guys. I figure I'll do brand specific videos for the knives when i get around to it, if that sounds aight to you guys? I just think a vid does better justice than pictures... as long as i dont mess it up haha. Thanks again guys, hope you enjoy the amateur phone video!
    Lets see who will be the first to comment from here...

SharpStrings, O.J. and Vesp like this.
  17. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

Let me know if the video was sufficient enough of a substitute for the pictures. Knife collection vid/pix to come in near future. Not sure which brand i want to start with!?

18. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

I will try and do a video for you displaying what my exhaust sounds like currently. Quality of videos will improve over this just so everyone is aware. Keep in touch! And knife collection videos on the horizon for sure.

Vesp likes this.
  19. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

Cool!
    Looks like you have some nice toys in that garage.. ;)

20. jos28EVO

jos28EVO Loaded Pockets

Hard not to! So many enjoyable bikes and hobbies out there. My dad raised my right i guess?... well for the most part haha. Closest bike is his, Husqy is mine. Thanks man appreciate the responce. Go pro vid soon? Should blow that one out of the water! Have a great weekend guys

Vesp likes this.