1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Baby EDC Organization?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by MrEarp, Mar 1, 2013.

1. MrEarp

MrEarp Loaded Pockets

My 9MO told me today her diaper bag was very much disorganized. I've tried to organize her 5.11 all hazards bag as separate pouches with a label or writing on to know whats in them. She happens to have a 2nd bag that goes with her to her other baby sitters (Not her normal daycare). This is more of her EDC bag that goes with her everywhere that I am not. I am just looking for ideas on how folks organize their stuff especially food. For formula I use those handy separators that I can pre measure 3 bottles. She and I are always on the go so I'm just trying to make her gear as user friendly as possible.

Thoughts?

2. Shorttime

Shorttime Loaded Pockets

Suggestion:

Divide the bag by two separate functions:

1) Eating

2) Eliminating (let's call it, to maintain the PG-13 atmosphere)

After looking at 5.11's website, I think you could use the outer (flatter) pocket for the diapers and whatnot, because those things tend to fold flat.

The larger main pocket would then be for food, with bottles in one pouch and formula in the other.

Other accessories could be organized according to whether they are for the mouth, or the... other.. end of the young lady. A separate pocket, or pockets, could then go for stuffed animals, toys, blankets, and so on.

The bottles are the main challenge: no good way to pack those things!

A 9-month old child who observes that her diaper bag is disorganized is one scary smart kid!

3. Shorttime

Shorttime Loaded Pockets

Suggestion:

Divide the bag by two separate functions:

1) Eating

2) Eliminating (let's call it, to maintain the PG-13 atmosphere)

After looking at 5.11's website, I think you could use the outer (flatter) pocket for the diapers and whatnot, because those things tend to fold flat.

The larger main pocket would then be for food, with bottles in one pouch and formula in the other.

Other accessories could be organized according to whether they are for the mouth, or the... other.. end of the young lady. A separate pocket, or pockets, could then go for stuffed animals, toys, blankets, and so on.

The bottles are the main challenge: no good way to pack those things!

A 9-month old child who observes that her diaper bag is disorganized is one scary smart kid!

4. andrewbisgnar

andrewbisgnar Loaded Pockets

SPEC-OPS Brand messenger bag. There's a regular size one and an XL one...the XL is a bit overkill, though.

5. blt2drg

blt2drg Loaded Pockets

I use a Rush 12 for EDC/diaper bag duties. The main compartment is pretty much all for my daughters needs/wants and the rest of the bag is my stuff. I use 2 Eagle Creek quarter cubes for organization: 1 with diapers, wipes, mini changing pad, washcloth, and single use packs of diaper rash cream & 1 with an extra change of clothes, pj's, socks, and a hat. I keep various snacks in a gallon size ziplock. Their are 2 large mesh pockets inside I use to carry sunblock, eating utensils, generic kids Tylenol, first aid, and a brush. I also keep a small toddler backpack in their with a few toys, crayons, and a coloring book in it.

I've always kept a small icechest in the truck and use icepacks to keep things cold when we go out. Water is a huge must in the Arizona summers. If we are away from the truck for a long period of time I have a small cooler about the size of a nalgeen bottle that has its own freeze packs in it that is the perfect size for juice and fruit. I usually just hang it on the outside of the Rush 12.

I think using the main compartment of a pack only for baby needs has worked very well for me. My daughter knows if she wants a toy or snack where to look and doesn't bother with any of the other compartments.

6. thruxton

thruxton Loaded Pockets

I've been using a maxpedition falcon II for diaper duties, not what it was really purchased for but I prefer it to the floral bag that my wife uses. Plenty of areas for organization. It's been fine but I may look into something a bit smaller/less attention grabbing. (although all the attention seems to be positive, questioning what type of bag it is etc)