1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Böker K.I.D pen, possible Fisher bullet pen usurper?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by thekapow, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Xiii
    • In Omnia Paratus

Xiii Loaded Pockets

Love the boker pen. space pen insert would me it perfect for me. i am always righting agaist the wall or at odd angles.
    Xiii

2. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

'Would make it perfect'.. But, it is fisher compatible :D?

Xiii likes this.
  3. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

I just found this thread and would like to comment....
    As for the coating on my pen, I have completely worn all of the coating around the plunger hole, and it's also starting to wear at the edges at the top. I use this pen daily at work, but it does not see any "rough" use. I am wondering if it can be taken apart without damage to the plunger. If so, I see a trip to the bead blast cabinet in its future. Anybody taken this one apart?

4. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yes, like most boltpens the bolt leaver is a screw. It comes apart real easy :)

5. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

Kind of want this pen now but don't like the colors (more like color) offered. Any advice on painting, etc?

6. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

You could try duracoating it :)?

7. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

Seems a bit pricey for something that I'd only use once.

8. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, after seven+ months at Boker's US facility, they finally got a batch of taller bolts in. If it was supposed to be hard anodized, I just thought it was goofy that the bolt wasn't tall enough and scraped the finish off the slot. I understand wear due to use, but when one of the pen parts causes the wear, that's not the best design, imo. I mean, I understand that they probably don't want to the bolt to stand too far out from the barrel, but still.

So they had the pen from around the end of September till last week - replaced the shorter bolt with a taller one and returned the pen - not the quickest service, lol.

[​IMG]

9. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Can anyone tell me about tip play on this pen? It's a major issue for me, how snug is the tip when you write? Does it "click" when lifting/putting the pen back on paper?

10. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Yeah, you can read back in this thread to see that my bolt was originally too short and wearing on the bolt slot, ending there. It took a while and they finally returned the pen with a taller bolt, but I was bummed that their "hard anodized" finished was wearing through because of the build quality.

11. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

It isn't just the coating wearing, it's the aluminum itself. An entire corner of the "U" that sticks down has worn off, and I don't think it's due to the bolt being too short but rather the bolt just wearing on the side of the "U".

12. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

So, what did you do about the wearing of the slot from the bolt?

13. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Emailed Boker and got absolutely nothing in response lol. Yep, they didn't even reply and I sent them loads of pics and an email a few months ago.

:unsure:

14. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

I've carried the Boker since xmas, but this last week I switched back to my Fisher Telescoping Space Pen. Even though they use the same refill, the Fisher is just a more comfortable pen to write with and I find it easier to deploy.

I do like the Boker, but it's no longer my EDC. I'll find some other use for it.

--flatline