1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Böker K.I.D pen, possible Fisher bullet pen usurper?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by thekapow, Aug 24, 2013.

1. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

2. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

good to hear, böker has always been very nice and send spareparts to me when needed :)!

Havent been able to find a EU price im willing to pay, 65USD is a bit too high.

Last edited by thekapow, Sep 13, 2013
  3. barney

barney Loaded Pockets

Just got mine about an hour ago. Mine is also already showing wear around the bolt mechanism.. Going to get in touch with Boker as well.

4. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Whoa, cool! There was an initial limited edition (of 20) .60 CID titanium version at one time? Sweet!

:cool:
    ETA that I just stitched together pics I found online of this pen):
    [​IMG]
    And found the original thread where folks were able to get it, with a few variations: http://j.mp/Tools4HoolsPoint60KIDPen_variants

Too cool. Even if I had seen that they were available, I wouldn't ever be able to spring for one. Fun to see what's "out there", though!

Last edited by oke, Sep 17, 2013
    Todywayne likes this.
  5. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I'm really surprised to see the issues regarding wear of the finish. Mine still looks like the day I bought it! Maybe certain lots have the issue?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

6. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

That could be a possibility. Share a pic of yours!

7. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

Mine should come tomorrow, I'm so excited! I'll post pics!

So in that video above, were the o-rings aftermarket? They looked good, I may add one or two..

8. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Ok, I caved and got one. It DOES NOT replace my maxmadco. But it is a good pocket pen. I was surprised to see it did not have a fisher cartridge inside as advertised on the website. It had a no name parker replica cartridge. After a day I changed it out to a fisher. Another item I noted was the spring appears to be directional. When I reversed it end for end it would not let the pen extend or retract.

9. jeffmcc

jeffmcc Loaded Pockets

What refills ho¡ave you guys found to work in this pen?

I can't find spacepen refills where I live...

10. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think its a native parker compatible pen :)

cultpens.com/acatalog/Parker-Style-Ballpoint-Refills.html

11. jeffmcc

jeffmcc Loaded Pockets

So a parker refill works in it? Too bad I didn't see your reply sooner cuzz I already submitted my order :/

12. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Here's an update...

Boker USA replied that the issue was that the bolt was too short and rubbed along the slot, which caused the wear. New bolts would be ordered, and I could have a taller bolt to replace the existing one. Or, I could get my pen replaced with a new one more quickly, which may or may not have the same issue.

So, get a taller bolt on existing pen - no more scraping, but existing wear would still be there. Or a new pen which may or may not have the same issue. If I go with a replacement pen, either it'll be better or the same, and if it's the same, then nothing was improved. Getting a new pen with a taller bolt wasn't an option. Which would you choose?

13. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

If it was me i would keep my pen with scratch coating, keep the short bolt, then get the longer bolt and maybe use it. I dont care if the coating comes off my stuff

Btw, if any one dont like their pen, let me know and i will make an offer :D

Blair likes this.
  14. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just orderd one :eek:

15. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

Just saw this thread again. I tried to take a picture of the bolt area of my pen, but my only camera is my cell phone and the picture lacked detail. I can say that the finish is holding up on my pen, even after a few thousand clicks. Maybe you just got a bad one?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4!

thekapow likes this.
  16. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

I finally got mine, and i decided to adress one issue.. People have been complaining that the action is very hard and stiff.. mine was so too. almost impossible to get down with my left thumb and hard and stiff with my right thumb.. by looking at the spring it was clear to me that it was just a random very generic spring with no specific geometry (like the parker springs). i then decided to take apart various cheap pens and try the springs in the .50.. and they pretty much all worked, this pen will almost eat any spring.. this means you can easy find a spring that feels good in the pen. i used a spring from a disposable cheap pen and cut a bit off, then added a little lubricant on the bolt, and now this pen feels butter smooth!, perfection
    [​IMG]

Blair likes this.
  17. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

18. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

That's cool that you were able to fix it. I'd still be a little upset if it were a lot of money and I had to replace parts.
    What is your refill of choice? I've been trying my blue Fisher refills off and on and I just can't write a long
    time with any of them (fine, med, even bold)...they take too much pressure and leave huge skips. I'm back to my Easyflow refills (but that is another topic for me to start).

19. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like the parker 'Gel' refill very much in black :) also use the fisher medium alot, never had a problem with skipping :eek:.. But they are overrated in a lot of ways compared to many refills, the advertised scenarios would be a lot better accomplished with a felt tip like a Sharpie.

20. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Thanks.. yes.. the Parker Gel in black is great as it is 100 times more water resistant then the blue.. not
    sure why Parker did this with the blue (some say blue was meant to be a school washable ink) ..I feel it makes the
    blue Gel writing a "lie". If I could only get used to writing in black again.