1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Böker K.I.D pen, possible Fisher bullet pen usurper?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by thekapow, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Just picked one up off evilBay yesterday.

$42.50 delivered... for a pen.

I hate you people.

;)

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Overall Length:4.29"
    Diameter:0.49"

Complete Specs here.

ATB,
    Sam

3. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Ugh. Found the deal (minus a nickel and some cents, but anyway). Ditto. Had to check it out for myself...

4. Blackheart

Yep, that's the one. (I rounded the $, at least it wasn't something.99)

5. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wait until you start collecting fountain pens - then it will seem inexpensive. The Mont Blanc Meisterstuck is like $650.00!

6. Faynard

Faynard Loaded Pockets

@oke - The Boker is plenty tight. There is a little play if you try to wiggle the bolt side-to-side, but no play when just using the mechanism as intended. This may change with wear - my TiBolt is way smoother/looser now than it was when I first got it. The fact that the plunger is exposed is pretty neat, too.

7. Blackheart

:eek:

8. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, although I did see the assessment which I quoted previously, I think I may like this one as a second choice to the TiBolt (like you - at times when I don't want to lose Fellhoelter's offering) as well. Guess we'll see when I get it! :D

9. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

Mine should come in tomorrow. I like thick pens, so I'm thinking I'll like this one. Will also be my first bolt action pen!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

10. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Saw elsewhere that it was 4.375" - guess it depends on the one measuring... Anyway, I got out my edc Fisher Millennium (which I've had since '98, and the latest iteration is called the Infinium) to compare, and it looks like the K.I.D. Cal .50 (and, what does all of that mean, anyway? The older one was the C.I.D. ...) will be about the same dimensions (the Millennium's right at 4.25" and ~7/16" in diameter). The pros for the Millennium (imo) is that it will open up to be a full size pen, and the ink capacity is such that, for the average writer, it will last (at least?) that person's lifetime. Oh, and it has a lifetime guarantee, no questions asked (confession, due to poor mishandling of the one I got in '98 - I thought it would be a good pen to practice spinning, and, as a result, it was dropped a few times and the dents ended up causing the ink to ooze out, so I got it replaced - and then due to a different reason for sending in the second one, this one's actually my third Millennium after two replacements), which is cool, since Fisher doesn't seem like a company to go out of business, so it can back up its guarantee. But still, even though I'll have to get refills for the Boker, it may end up (temporarily, at least?) being my new pocket edc pen while I test drive it... That hasn't happened for 15 years, lol.

11. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I received the Boker today. I like it a lot! I like thick pens (which it is!) and the bolt action is cool too play with. Writes like all my other pens that have Fisher cartridges, so no surprises there. The pocket clip doesn't have very good retention, but it looks like I can remove it and bend it a bit, so that should help.

12. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

what kind of fabric did you test the clip with? will it hold onto a jeans pocket edge? im tierd of loosing my gear :(

13. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

Just my shirt pocket. I just tried it on my jeans pocket and it holds on quite good.

14. Explorer

Explorer Empty Pockets

Must be a problem with the QC at boker, but my clip is really good, almost too good, I have to pull pretty hard to get it off my pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

15. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

yup same here. almost too strong.

16. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

My clip is great now that I bent it a little. The Boker has replaced my Fisher X750 as my EDC pen.

17. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Let us know how it holds up. Let us know if it's comfortable writing for long lengths of time. It looks a tad too thick/wide for myself but the taper help with that. Certainly if I wanted a shorter and durable pen I'd have this on my list.

18. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

re: my previous post- here's how the Fisher Millennium Space Pen and the Böker Plus Tactical Pen K.I.D. CAL .50 (that's not a mouthful at all) look side-by-side (it is a little longer and the barrel diameter's wider; click for a larger view):
    [​IMG]
    I just got it yesterday, and man, that finish doesn't last long, huh? I've just been putting the bolt through its paces, and you can see the wear already.

The spring for the refill is kinda stiff - it's definitely not as smooth as the TiBolt. Attempting to get used to it. This one came with some unmarked refill - not bad, but I want to trade it out for a Fisher. And the clip holds well enough, if a little strong - haven't used it with a shirt pocket yet, but not sure if I want to accidentally ruin the material (stretching it out) by clipping and unclipping it. Should work as a pocket pen, though.

19. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I haven't had the same problem with the finish on my pen. In the week I've had it I've played with the bolt action non stop. I've literally clicked it a few thousand times and it shows absolutely no wear.

20. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Seriously? I now have some shiny "accents" around the bolt slot now, and it hasn't even been 24 hours! Sheesh. Not cool.

Are there two versions out there, and yours had a thicker coating on it, or something?!?