1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Böker K.I.D pen, possible Fisher bullet pen usurper?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by thekapow, Aug 24, 2013.

1. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

For T-Dub and Explorer - if you were to clip the pen on a shirt pocket (or any pants pocket, I suppose), do you notice that the bolt poking into your body? Carrying it that way (though folks would probably just stash it in the pocket unclipped) with the bolt jabbing in would be a deal-breaker, I think.

2. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

it's very unobtrusive for me. never noticed it poking me or anything uncomfortably at all.

3. Explorer

Explorer Empty Pockets

I don't notice it really, I usually clip it next to my knife in my right pocket so I am used to having something there though. I have not clipped it to a dress shirt yet, but have clipped it between the buttons on a polo and it has not bugged me. Hope that helps a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  4. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, there goes that idea... :rolleyes: See, I was starting to lean toward getting one (eventually), and then thought that one way to justify getting out of just grabbing another pen I thought was handy would be if it was uncomfortable for edc. Still, I imagine that, if one got bumped (specifically where the pen was) while the pen was clipped, then there'd be a nice point of pressure that could leave a mark, which wouldn't be fun. Though, there's always the chance that one of the keys in the pocket could poke as well, and that risk hasn't stopped me from carrying 'em. Yeah, just thinkin' visibly... :)

5. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

give in to the dark side. muhahahaha.

but no really, the bolt tip isn't THAT pointy. I would be more worried about an errant key jabbing me than this thing. and again, if ANY sort of comfort and/or worry is an indicator, I personally find the Hinderer more uncomfortable and "risky" (with the pointed end), say dropped into a pocket or bag, than the Boker.

6. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

Also, just want to point out that this video exists, though it's in German:

7. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

Can't seem to find them anywhere on eBay... :(

The size seems right, and I like the overall look. The price seems a bit too high, and I'm not sure about the thickness of it. We need more pics!

8. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

I had the same thoughts. I bought the original when it came out and was thoroughly disappointed. It should have had a price point of about ten bucks (no jest). So I have the same prejudice about this one. It looks great in a picture.....Besides the maxmadco would always win out with me and any others just end up in a drawer.

KOKUSHI MUSOU and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  9. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I've got both of them and really like each one. Then I saw this today:

[​IMG]

On the Survival Depot website: only $108 plus shipping to the USA from the UK. Want. This. Pen. Sorry for getting off topic there for a moment, but I'm starting to think I'm a "pen junkie" and will never be happy with my last, greatest pen purchase.

10. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

Very nice looking pen. It's a bit pricey but most tactical pens aren't cheap.

11. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Don't worry, at least pens aren't very expensive, compared to many other things. I saw that pen too, but I think it looks a bit too much like a drill bit. :)

tal-c and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  12. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

See, Valolammas, we think alike: it looks like a drill bit to me, too; and that's why I want one. Go figure.

13. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Here's another assessment elsewhere:
    The poster also shared pics where you can see the top end, and you could see that the plunger was smaller than the inner diameter of the barrel and clearly showed some play due to the poor fit. Just fyi...

:cool:

MichiganMan likes this.
  14. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

I opted not to get the pen because... well... it's Boker. After dealing with 2 crappy Gerbers (out of 3; the one that came out alright was bundled in with the MT that I actually wanted), I decided that I don't want to play QC roulette anymore. Glad I made the right call.

15. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

Every time I think I finally found 'THE' pen for me, you guys ruin it for me... :cry:

16. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I got back in the office today and my Boker pen was on my desk waiting. I used it all day and so far I'm quite happy with it. It's nice and compact and can easily clip in your pocket.

[​IMG]

CitizenSnips and 11C1P like this.
  17. Faynard

Faynard Loaded Pockets

Mine just showed up today. I haven't used it much "in the field" much, or really carried it yet - but I really like it. I have a maxmadco and a tibolt - the tibolt is by FAR my favorite writing utensil ever. I think this thing is a close second - one to carry when I fear losing my tibolt. The size is great - like an extra-beefy mini G2.

Interesting to note: the bolt thingy is "backwards" compared to the tibolt and maxmadco. I recall someone commenting that this orientation makes more sense. I haven't really noticed a big difference, but I'm used to the tibolt now.

For the sale price, I think totally worth it. Easy to carry, writes okay (I'll use my own refills anyway), and the fiddle factor is sky-high. Plus it's funny when someone goes to use it and can't figure it out - my non-edc colleague calls my tibolt my "alien pen."

18. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Looks like it's nicely made, but I *hate* fat pens. If this were slimmer I might buy one.

19. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

@Faynard - I favor the TiBolt as well, so, do you notice the slop or play in the mechanism because of the looser tolerance between the plunger and inside of the barrel at all? Is it a marked difference than how well the TiBolt's action works? I know "to each his own", and I just have to decide for myself, but still don't mind other pov's to help me out... Thanks!

20. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

What is the diameter/girth of the Boker K.I.D pen ?