1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Böker K.I.D pen, possible Fisher bullet pen usurper?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by thekapow, Aug 24, 2013.

1. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

not really a Fisher Spacepen Killer, but it does look pretty darn perfect for edc.
    didnt find any threads on this and there is close to 0 info about this one around the internet so thought i would start a thread about it. I think it is a new product, i havent seen it before, maybe im wrong but here we go.
    [​IMG]
    Designed by Thomas Braunagel (same guy behind the .45 pen's from böker).
    from böker:
    So what do you guys think? do anyone have this in their edc?
    i might pick one up to replace my bullet, i really like the look of the clip on this one, looks like a tank.
    http://www.boker.de/en/tactical-defense-pen/09BO093.html

its on sale right now here, maybe relevant for the US users.
    http://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Plus-Tactical-Pen-KID-Silver--17463

Xiii, Cobra 6 Actual, mud80 and 3 others like this.
  2. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

Looks nice, but I'm already quite happy with my fisher telescoping pen for EDC. If I didn't have the telescoping pen, this would be really tempting because of the clip and the one-handed operation.

--flatline

Cobra 6 Actual and thekapow like this.
  3. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

It looks good! Tempting... :D

thekapow likes this.
  4. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Tempting, but a little spendy for factory production aluminum, IMO... Looks good tho.

G.

jag-engr and thekapow like this.
  5. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

price is what is holding me back right now, price is the same as the full size pen.. why? this should be 2/3 the price.. but there is always christmas and birthdays :p (unfortunatly both are a bit far away -__-)

oedipus1978 likes this.
  6. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

It seems to make up for a lot of the flaws in the original boker...the big one being a propriertary Lamy refill. If you like fisher refills
    the format seems good. Can't tell about the quality of the anodizing. Always hard to tell on the internet.

nick nitro and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  7. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, it uses the standard Fisher refill, and, at least it's less than Ian Schon's pen project. Not sure if I'll spring for one, though...

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  8. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

yeah I bought one a little while back. it's pretty great. clip is ultra strong (almost too strong) and i roll with a fine point fisher black in it. works great for me.
    VERY comfortable to write with actually. that subtle knurling you see in the pic is actually very well done and is very good in the hand.
    the bolt point is slightly, well, "pointy" which lets you get a good thumbpad grip on it to deploy the actual writing tip. strong spring. the head of the pen unscrews to allow access to insert your refill. has a good number of threads so no worries about accidental unscrewing.
    been carrying mine for about, 2-3 months? now I think, nearly every day, and the anodizing has held up pretty great so far.
    I have no regrets so far about the purchase and would advise anybody who is looking for a "shorty" pen, with a one-handed bolt action deployment, which ALSO uses Fisher refills, to go for it.

FWIW- I also have a stainless steel Maxmadco, a titanium/carbon fiber clicky Matt Martin, and a stainless Hinderer. In terms of comfort and my own "preferred" usage, I would order them, best to last:

Maxmadco
    Boker
    Matt Martin
    Hinderer

I'll see if i can't get some actual pics up sometime this week when I have some more free time. Comparisons to the ones I already mentioned.

Cobra 6 Actual and Dok J like this.
  9. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thx alot for you reply :D! sounds like i have to put some cash aside this month and maybe buy it next month!

how do you find its balance in the hand - does it feel akward or anything like that?

I love how the Maxmadco looks, but its just too expensive :/

Can you messure the diameter of the pen? cant seem to find it any where :frantic: . and yes, plz post pictures :D alot of them!

10. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Why should it be 2/3 the cost of the full size pen?

11. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Less materials, less tear on machining pr part, less annodizing, lower shipping costs from china due to reduced weight pr unit, less everything :p! I might be completly off. More attrictive budget price for people who dont want the full size and so on

12. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

I will likely be ordering one this weekend.

13. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

balance is good, very lightweight. I've got pretty big paws and don't have any issues writing with it for either short periods of time or all day. it is on the thicker side, not sure of the exact width/diameter offhand (will update when I post some pics- hopefully later tonight), probably the thickness of a standard Sharpie or thereabouts though, not exceedingly big either way. feels just about right I think for a "shorty" pen. again, very comfortable in my opinion.

i gave away my old Fisher Bullet when I got this one. the Bullet is a classic, no doubt, but it doesn't really compare to this little tank IMHO. again, no regrets. though I do still wholeheartedly recommend the Maxmadco if you prefer a full size pen with more heft to it. I've tried a few higher end pens so far (other than the TiBolt- which is on order for later this year), and even now I've yet to find a pen that can top the Maxmadco. but the Boker is one of a kind when it comes to being a "shorty".

14. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

here you go-

[​IMG]

^ to give you an idea of the size, not much difference between it and the hinderer honestly.

[​IMG]

broken down ^

[​IMG]

^ at rest

[​IMG]

^ deployed

sorry for the terrible quality just quick and dirty with my cell. Size looks to be right at about a half-inch thick on the barrel.

15. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

The price of things often has little to do with how much they cost to make.

16. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Ooh..you didn't say it needed the Fisher Parker style cap? This means the pen takes Parker style refills also..which changes everything. One can then put their favorite refill in it then. ??

The pen diameter looks a little on the thicker side but perhaps that is what folks are looking for here.

17. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Would like it a lot better if it wasn't ~3x the cost of a Fisher Bullet.

Don't get me wrong.... I like it, but the price pushes it a lot further down on the wish list.

ATB,
    Sam

18. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Is there any tip/refill play in yours?

19. T-Dub

T-Dub Loaded Pockets

actually no, not even a tad on mine (who knows if it's like that on anybody else's though- like you said, info is pretty scarce on this one)...
    but that's a major pet peeve of mine and one of the reasons the maxmadco is still my all time fave- no play or wiggle whatsoever in the tip. I love my Matt Martin pen, but the tip leaves something to be desired, way too sloppy. not like that on the Boker though.

20. Explorer

Explorer Empty Pockets

I know this wasn't directed at me, but figured I could chime in since I have the pen and use Parker gel refills in it just fine. I also have little to zero tip play as well. It may be a bit spendy, but it has kicked the Hinderer out of my pocket for edc. [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Nice and Sachsen like this.