1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

awb dropped?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by mr.squatch, Apr 15, 2009.

1. mr.squatch

mr.squatch Empty Pockets

2. Kabong30

Kabong30 Empty Pockets

I love how they have a pic of a stupid Tec-9 next to the story.

3. mr.squatch

mr.squatch Empty Pockets

That's referencing the "high powered automatic assault rifles" they're talking about. .. no?

lol

g

4. skoalsoldier

skoalsoldier Empty Pockets

Ahhhhhh we can only hope they become lazy, and us even more adamant about buying and shooting hehe.

5. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

the AWB is only shelved, you can bet it'll come back . The gun grabbers NEVER give up :mad:
    Molon Labe!

6. macman37

macman37 Empty Pockets

Got that right...

Here's a nice quote from an old right-wing "nutbar" that sums up my opinion on the subject nicely:

7. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

emphasis mine:

It's just a lull in the battle. Keep it up guys!

8. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Don't count on it. They'll try to figure out someway to do it. :mad:

9. Toolboy

Toolboy Empty Pockets

I just heard a news article that the president of Mexico is pleading with Obama during his current visit to reinstitute the ban. The president of Mexico blames the US for the proliferation of guns in his country and the upswing in violence. Funny thing was, the guns they showed were all machine guns that are also illegal in the us. THey were showing off a .50 Cal machine gun- I don't know the name of that particular weapon, but it was the kind that I had seen mounted to the top of hummers and bradleys. Also showing one of the old WWII era water cooled machine guns.

10. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

:mob: lies and more lies.........if a politician's mouth is moving.............. :mob:
    i would bet that a LOT of the military weapons are stolen from the Mexican government

11. Grunt77

Grunt77 Empty Pockets

Anybody that believes for a second that they have shelved the AWB for good need to be slapped. :lolhammer: It's just a shell game. Pay attention to the right hand while the left is doing something else.

12. Just Matt

Just Matt Empty Pockets

The AWB might have been placed on the back burner but according to a couple internet sites the DOD just put a new policy into effect. They will no longer be selling once used brass to reloading company's like Georgia Arms or Black Hills! Apparently they are going to shred the brass and sell it over seas. This is a back door way to screw the industry and the citizens alike. This could be catastrophic. In a way it's kinda smart on there part. If they can't take the guns we already have then they will make it to expensive to shoot and train with them! This is going to get ugly.The Shootist - DOD to stop selling spent brass

13. zip22

zip22 Empty Pockets

that was dropped after only a few days

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/plowshares-beaten-back-into-bullets.html

14. Just Matt

Just Matt Empty Pockets

Well now don't I feel stupid. I just sent out 4 emails to my senators, governor and the President. :brickwall: Oh well. Thanks for the info, good news!

15. GA Hiker

GA Hiker Loaded Pockets

Don't feel stupid. There's nothing wrong with reiterating a point. :thumbsup: :withstupid:
    I was hoping for some range time on Saturday ( haven't been in close to a year, funds too tight). The gun shop I went to was sold out of ALL handgun ammo! They had one box of .22's and a few boxes of rifle ammo. The other shop I went to was actually closed! I couldn't believe it, I loved going there and drooling over all the new toys!!! I have one box of fmj 9mm and one box of sjhp .357 and that's it! I'm afraid to shoot them in case I ever actually need them for anything! And now my boss and his wife want me to take them to the range to try shooting. They're considering (for the first time in their life, as they say) purchasing a handgun. They said they've never felt a need for one before, but with they way things are going, they want to get one now before they won't be able to get one at all! I think that a lot of people are going through the same thought process. The gov't needs to pay attention! We, as the voting public, need to start cleaning house when it comes to all these politicians!
    I'll step down from my soapbox now!!! ;D

16. USMC_LB

USMC_LB Empty Pockets

Dont think they are dropping it at all. :(

They are just waiting until a more opportune time to unleash this awful thing.

Stay vigilant!

LB

17. vic2367

vic2367 Loaded Pockets

very true,,

18. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

Machine guns are not illegal in the U.S. There are many states in which, with the correct Federal Tax paperwork, a citizen may own a machine gun or a sound suppressor (commonly and incorrectly referred to as a silencer.)

Tim

19. Circle of Owls

Circle of Owls Loaded Pockets

A gun rights bill has been added to the Consumer Credit Protection Act allowing concealed carry in national parks, etc.:

From the NY Times here.

It looks like it has passed the House and Senate now, and Obama is expected to sign it.

I thought that this was interesting:

I haven't been able to find a link for those numbers, I'd sure like to see them. I'll be keeping my eye on the rest of them though.