1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Automotive jump pack

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Oct 13, 2019.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

I'm hoping this is the area for this. I currently have a JNC 770R but I'm looking to buy a lithium jump pack. I'll need to jump anything from a 2.5L to a 6.0L gas engine. I'm looking at the booster pack ES580 made by clore, the allstart boost max 560 and the noco gb70. Money isn't an issue between the 3, I can find them all within my price range, but specifications are all over the place. Any opinions?

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Not sure where you're located. If you're here in US, I'd start by seeing what if any recommendations Consumer Reports have.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

jag-engr likes this.
  3. tkill

tkill Loaded Pockets

I have had a Noco GB40 for 2+ years. I have used it to jump my v6 car a few times, worked great. It has also been even more useful to charge cell phones or other usb devices. No complaints about the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

A great suggestion! Wirecutter is another great site for product recommendations. Here is an article with their recommendation on the best portable jump starters.

madkins007 likes this.
  5. comma8 comma1

comma8 comma1 Loaded Pockets

My brother has a Noco Genius Boost and couldn’t be happier . Cant remember how many Amps it is but he reckons it works a treat and doesnt discharge too bad when not in use. There are a heap if good videos on it (comparisons and performance) if you run a search.

6. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

I have/had 2 Anker lithium packs, a 400 and 600. I only have the 600 now.
    When needed and used they are great.

My only problem is where I live the temperatures get way to hot to store them in the vehicles. In fact my 400 is no longer useable due to the batteries expanding.
    I have read about capacitor type jump chargers that may work better in the heat. That may be a way to go.

kikaida likes this.
  7. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Indeed. That's the danger with lithium packs: the batteries are sensitive to heat and leaving them in the vehicle during the summer under hot summer temperatures is potentially dangerous. They can either just expand, or worst case scenario, catch on fire.

8. killer cougar

killer cougar Empty Pockets

We have a NOCO GB40 and it works great. My wife has used it more in the school pickup line than we have on our own vehicles. And with the polarity protection, it's peace of mind that she or someone else using it won't mess anything up.

Lateck likes this.