1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Atwood Ring Tool

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by nbmaine2007, Jan 16, 2009.

1. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

See they are for sale on Peter's site. I guess I don't really get this tool. Maybe someone can explain. So is the intent to actually wear it as a ring? Where do you keep the bit?

http://atwoodknives.blogspot.com/

2. goingyard

goingyard Loaded Pockets

I have the same thoughts as well.

3. mirek

mirek Loaded Pockets

IMHO it is not primarily the tool but the art object, where the real practical usage is "only" the value-added feature. I like it, but also have not convinced to buy it (yet :)). I prefer the Keyton which has similar characteristics - simplicity, artistic design and practical usefulness more balanced and pronounced.

4. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I think I will try to get one in the morning but I will wear it with the bit holder facing down in my palm so it looks just like a normal ring, then if need be I can always turn it around and use it when I need too!

I also agree with one of the posters, I think it is more art than anything and you can't find a custom made titanium ring for less than $35 anywhere.

5. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

OK. I completely see the art part of it, and it is great for collectors. But I use all of my Atwoods, and have never been the collecting type. So I think I'll pass on this one and save up for the next release and try to catch something new. I'm trying to budget better this year, otherwise I'd have probably bought one.

6. SoloTwo

SoloTwo Empty Pockets

I could have bought one today but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on it. I've never worn a ring in my life and I'm not sure its enough to get me started. :shrug:

7. DpM

DpM Loaded Pockets

:iagree: with the art factor on it. Not quite sure how exactly you use it, because if it was on the finger, i suppose it would be very awkward to handle.

One idea i had for it (sorry if this is offensive in any way- not using the purpose intended) is to put the captive bit holder part on to a keychain and use the finger hole as kind pf an easy place to hold on with..... any other ideas? :shrug: :-X

8. DemskeetSkeet

I was thinking about buying one and putting it on my necklace with my titanium whistle.

9. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

I'm going to get one of each color including non-anno'd and make a pair of Atknuckles out of them! :idiot2: :lolhammer: :idiot2:

10. DemskeetSkeet

Hey now LZ, save some for the rest of us okay!?!?!? :lolhammer:

11. ajacobs

ajacobs Loaded Pockets

Certainly the main thought was self defense.

My main motivation is to use it as point to tie the other end of the rope from my mini grappling hook. Don't you just hate it when you throw that baby and the free end flies out of your hands?

:bounce: :bounce:

Or maybe regardless, I don't need an excuse to buy a new atwood. One or the other. :lolhammer:

12. ejmp

ejmp Empty Pockets

Its an Atwood, does it really need an explanation??? :popcorn: Like the purple one,but i have a plain proto type :evilgrin:

13. DemskeetSkeet

I picked up a plain one this morning from him, you can't find titanium rings anywhere for that cheap, plus ajacobs is right, I would use it as self defense and maybe take off the o-ring or keep it on depending on how it looks.

He told me there will be plain ones for sale sometime today.

14. mirek

mirek Loaded Pockets

As a self-defense tool I would prefer the Ti Bermuda Triangle - the better grip and more protruding peak. But I know the RingTool only from pictures.

What about a scarf ring! ;D But I would recommend to wear the bit downwards - in case you fall down your chin will not be punctured. :stretcher:

15. mirek

mirek Loaded Pockets

What about store the bit in a pill fob (capsule)?

16. DemskeetSkeet

That would work!

Very nice idea, now does anyone have a way to make a ring tool fit my finger which is substantially larger than any of my fingers?

I'll try to post a picture of how big this thing is on me.