1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Atwood Knife and Tool Museum

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Rico801, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

I was going through some old magazines today and came across this article in the Gear Head section of Combat Tactics (SureFire) magazine back in 2005/2006. This article introduced me to Peter's knives and tools. Although I was hooked the first time I went to his website, I wasn't able to buy one of his tools for more than a year and a half. This seems like a fitting piece for the Museum.

Attached Files:

2. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

3. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

OMG.....you're the owner of that light? I remember when Peter blogged about it.... :shocked:

4. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

OMGosh! Ian that's great! I'm glad you ended up with that Tropical LS27. I love the way it turned out. All your tropical pieces look awesome. Congrats!

Rick

5. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

This is NOT the light shown on Peter's blog, although I did first ask Peter about anodizing a light for me many months before that light was made. I do know who owns the blogged light as well, and I am sorry to report they wouldn't trade it to me!! :p I do intend to keep trying, although I don't think my getting this light will help my cause much in that quest! :shrug: I could be mistaken, but I *think* the one from Peter's blog is a standard LS-27 on the inside. Perhaps the owner will see this post and comment.

So now there are at least two Atwoodized LS-27s and at least one PD-S out there in the wild. I've never asked Peter how many of Don's lights he has ano'd, but maybe I should.

In any event, you can bet that, God willing, a year or two from now this light will be my most used (albeit not most carried) Atwood ever!!! :D I know it will come as sacrilege to some, but this light has been a user from the day I got it and I expect it will probably show it at some point. I do have some Atwoods I would never think of bringing near granite, but this isn't one of them. I do not like to think of this light kissing granite, but I am accepting it as inevitable from the outset and while I will cry on the inside when it happens, I know it's better to use it and have that experience of using it. Plus, it was offered and built by McGizmo to be a user. Peter's participation (and Don's willingness to allow Peter's participation) was a huge bonus, but it would have been built (and used) either way. Say "Peter's participation" 10 times fast, I dare you. :slap: :coolsmiley: :stars:

6. jodj

jodj moved on with life

My Damascus pieces went from one to four in the past couple of days; so I thought I'd post a couple of pics before I headed off to the beach.

[​IMG]
    Hakkapelita Drop Point Nano
    Mike Norris Raindrop Wharncliffe Nano
    Big Rose Mini Prybaby
    Blue Tongue Whistle

[​IMG]
    Here's the Wharncliffe Nano with big brother Wharncliffe Booger. Ok, so they're more like cousins -- I would love to get my hands on a damascus Wharncliffe Booger to go with the Nano. (uh. . . uniuniknot? :shrug: It would be cruel to keep this kid apart from his big brother, wouldn't it?)

[​IMG]
    Here's the Drop Point Nano with big cousin Drop Point Ghoul. Again, I would love to get a hold of a Drop Point Booger -- or better yet a damascus Drop Point Booger (uh. . . jjgonzolez? :shrug:)

7. Roger Beep

Roger Beep Loaded Pockets

Wow, very impressive collection you have there O0
    And I know you have a new one coming to your home soon :D

Congrats my friend :highfive:

8. jodj

jodj moved on with life

With Roger Beep's assist, my collection of minaturized damascus Atwood knives grew by 50% with the recent addition of a damascus mini skeeter. At Mijnheer Beep's request, here's a pic of these cute li'l guys:

[​IMG]

The new guy is at the top. I'm not sure what style of damascus this new one is (does anyone know?).

For comparisons, here's the mini damascus skeeter with a "full sized" plain skeeter (again, I'd love to get my hands on a full sized damascus skeeter :shrug: . . . anybody?)

[​IMG]

9. kibitz

kibitz Loaded Pockets

Here is one that you don't see very often:

Attached Files:

10. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

kibitz, is the Ti ano'd gold on that one?

11. kibitz

kibitz Loaded Pockets

Yes it is and I have a Ti Prybaby that matches the Ti pattern on the pocket clip.

12. uni2uniknot

uni2uniknot Empty Pockets

Are you kidding me.....kibitz, your Atwood's are amazing...!!!

:roof: :roof: :roof:

13. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

Cool, are the liners snakeskin patterned also? Oh, I see they are when I blow the pictures up. Sounds like a perfect match for my Warlock. :-X

I have an old PB with the snakeskin ano, but it's steel. It's from the older thinner bar stock and has the square ended bottle opener. That might be my oldest Atwood actually. I should ask Peter to try to put the early ones in order for me.

That is AWESOME that you have a gold snakeskin TiBaby. I am genuinely jealous of that one.

14. ejmp

ejmp Empty Pockets

Medium TT hand made one off :roof: Also a Mojo stripe patterned Sumo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. uni2uniknot

uni2uniknot Empty Pockets

EJMP,

Cool...what a score...congrats. TT and Sumo look MINT!!! Good score on some RARE Atwoods.

Keep the faith!

:roof:

16. ejmp

ejmp Empty Pockets

Barry
    thanks , yes both pieces are mint!!! The TT is my favorite in my current collection!!! Prying that one out of Joel s hands was not an easy task!!! He had some grip on that beauty, finally drove him crazy enough to trade !!!! Thanks to Joel i now have my Atwood Grail :hug:

17. jodj

jodj moved on with life

Scored another damascus piece, while looking for boogers. (Thanks, yybug.) It's the top one in this Wharnie family photo.

[​IMG]

18. ejmp

ejmp Empty Pockets

Joel
    wow that one is stunning!!! :D

19. jodj

jodj moved on with life

20. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

That might be the nicest Booger I've EVER seen. :shocked: And the Pop n Chop set is fantastic!! Great stuff and thank you for posting them!!

That 20 turn twist Damasteel is super nice. (That is what it is, isn't it?) I hope to snag an example myself someday. :-X

Joel, I am pretty sure your Skeeter is 5 turn twist Damasteel. I'd ask Peter to confirm. It's basically a dead match for the pattern on my 5 turn twist microcard though.