1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Attaching Nalgene to Falcon II.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ParTimeBourne, Apr 25, 2011.

1. ParTimeBourne

ParTimeBourne Loaded Pockets

Anyone have any recommendations as to how you connect your bottle to your Falcon II? I have the Guyot designs wide mouth stainless steel. The lid is attached to this bottle with cord that could be used with a carabiner but I don't think it's designed for this use and might not hold up over time.

I don't think the Klean Kanteen D-ring tops fit Nalgene bottles.

I know the Guyot wide-mouth are the same dimensions as wide-mouth Nalgene bottles.

I'm either looking for some kind of lid to use with a carabiner or a bottle holder that can attach. I'm not wanting to go down the route of a molle attatchment like the Maxpedition bottle holder as I want to keep the slim profile of the bag when the bottle isn't attached.

2. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

http://www.humangear.com/capCAP.html

These are supposed to be strong enough to clip on with a carabiner. I have one, it's pretty sturdy, but I haven't carried it this way yet.

3. LoneStar

LoneStar Loaded Pockets

I have a falcon and I keep my nalgene bottle on the side under the compression straps and made a paracord lanyard with a s-biner on the end. I will take some pics when I have a chance and put them on.

4. LoneStar

LoneStar Loaded Pockets

5. ParTimeBourne

I really appreciate you taking the time to do that Lonestar. It looks great. From the pictures it looks like the top of your bottle is a wide-mouth same as mine so I might have to get one of those lids.

Or Able-Mans suggestion. I've already looked at those and wondered if the strap would hold up over time. I like the look of them.

6. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I know you said you don't want a big Molle pouch, but the maxP mini rollypolly will fit and hold a nalgene or camel bak bottle, it rolls up pretty small (I have worn one on my belt a few times, it rolls up into a approx 1"x3"x3" bundle)

7. braswes

braswes Loaded Pockets

I use the mini rollypolly on my Falcon II. The only drawback is that the bottom will flop around a little unless you do something to tie it down. I tried the carabiner clip / compression strap solution mentioned above. In the end, my personal preference was to go back to the rollypolly. It was just less of a hassle to be able to pop my nalgene out, take a drink and pop it back in without having to undo clips and straps.

8. ParTimeBourne

Maybe you could have a loop of shock cord on one of the lower pals webbing to fix down the lower part of the bottle in the rollpolly? I might investigate this.

9. CanvasNBrass

CanvasNBrass Loaded Pockets

10. LoneStar

LoneStar Loaded Pockets

As far as the lid goes I bought one of the smaller bottles that had that lid and swapped them. I swapped them so I could drink from the bottle without removing it from the bag.

11. rc4f

rc4f Empty Pockets

I picked up the Camelbak Bottle Pouch. Works great!

[​IMG]

12. twodog

twodog Loaded Pockets

i saw on here somewhere somebody had 2 10x4 bottle holders on there falcon 2 and it looked real good in my opinion, but thats just my opinion.

13. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

I carried a nalgene bottle on the side of my F-II for a couple years using the carabiner/compression strap attachment. I now have a Sig stainless steel bottle that I can attach the same way.

14. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

Like others have said, a mini rolly-polly works great.

I also have the human gear cap/cap and they are really made well, I use mine on a camelbak bottle.

15. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!