1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Attache --> Backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by bjoseph725, Mar 18, 2014.

1. bjoseph725

bjoseph725 Loaded Pockets

Hi Guys,

First-time poster here. I usually keep all my EDC gear (and then some) in a Maxpedition Operator Attache in my trunk. I like the way it organizes my gear, and is very discreet when I am carrying it around town. It also stays in my trunk 90% of the time, since I always have my car with me.

After the Winter storm here in Atlanta, I am thinking about converting my system to a backpack, in case I ever need to schlep my gear a few miles back home.

I was hoping the experts here could chime in with suggestions who might have been in a similar situation.

Thanks!

2. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Well depends on the $$$

A 5.11 Rush 24 should handle what you have in the operator and then some.. Cost around a buck to buck thirty. Depending where you look

If you want cheap, Wal mart carries fieldline and their alpha Ops pack (I think that's the name) is roughly a rush 24 clone for 20 or so bucks so if it sits in a trunk for a year you don't feel guilty

3. bjoseph725

Thanks, Blitzwing. The Rush 24 is my number 1 pick right now. My one qualm is that if I do carry it from my trunk into my office or a buddy's place, it is a fairly high-profile bag. Does that ever concern you?

4. braswes

braswes Loaded Pockets

If you're looking for low profile - Camelbak Urban Assault or Camelbak Urban Assault XL or 5.11 COVRT18 or Tom Bihn Synapse 25. They have all been reviewed extensively in the forum (most notably by TARFU).

zenpunk likes this.
  5. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Or keep your attache and the empty backpack of whatever flavor in your trunk. In the event of crisis, throw your attache in the backpack and take off.

You can also use the empty backpack as a convenient storage for good shoes, clean socks, a blanket, and so on. Things you might need in an emergency, but can also easily dump out and leave in your trunk if you have to leave.

6. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Thanks, Blitzwing. The Rush 24 is my number 1 pick right now. My one qualm is that if I do carry it from my trunk into my office or a buddy's place, it is a fairly high-profile bag. Does that ever concern you?<br/>

Not really, I work at a big hospital with my hazard 4 switchback and I don't get a second glance with all its molle.. It is black tho

zenpunk likes this.
  7. bjoseph725

Thanks for all the info! I think I'll be investing in the Rush 24. I like the coyote color, but black seems to blend into an urban crowd better.

8. bjoseph725

In case anyone was interested, this is a mostly up-to-date photo of what I keep in the attache:

[​IMG]

9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

@bjoseph, you should totally start an Introduce Yourself thread and an EDC thread of your own, in the proper Forum. (see links in my signature line).
    Looks like its well thought out. I'd like to ask a couple things about it, but this Forum is not the place for that. :)

10. bjoseph725

Thank you for the advice.

Here it is:

http://edcforums.com/threads/here-is-my-current-setup.119523/

SAKplumber likes this.