1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

AT&T Tilt ? Anybody?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by preacher, Feb 27, 2008.

1. preacher

preacher Loaded Pockets

I have been looking at smartphones recently. I like the idea of consolidating multiple tasks into one device. Go figure someone at EDC would look at compacting anything down for easy carry. :laugh:

Anyway, I think I've picked the AT&T Tilt which is just the latest 8900 offering and I am wondering if anyone here has any comments, suggestions or reviews of this device or its predecessor?

Just hate to make a mistake because I get all starry eyed by the glitter electronics. :smitten:

2. clutchUSMC

clutchUSMC Empty Pockets

I had one and loved it but it was too big and the slider/tilt parts broke twice. I have since moved on the the blackberry curve. The tilt is a great device, but not as durable as I liked. as far as software and features go its the best pda/phone arround IMO. hope this helps, if you want to ask me anything specific i will do my best to answer you.

3. rshives

rshives Loaded Pockets

I'm with Verizon so my smartphone is a Samsung i760. Windows Mobile based and I love it.

4. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

Had the older predecessor. TOO BIG, fragile slider mechanism. mine also failed multiple times resulting in refurbished replacements. And not a fan of the program. BlackBerry is where its at for me. Easier program, layout and not a fragile product physically or program wise.

5. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

True. RIM's network is another story, though.

I'd like the Tilt, but I'm stuck with T-Mobile through August. Right now, I'm using an MDA (HTC Wizard, IIRC).

6. preacher

preacher Loaded Pockets

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I tried the Tilt at the store and I was worried about the slide breaking. I like everything else though. I tried to like the Blackberry, maybe I need to look at them more. I just like the wide keybaord I guess, on the tilt.

7. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Friend of mine had 2 tilts and broke the "tilt", switched into an iphone.

Myself I'm running a blackberry curve. No issues after about 4 months!

8. preacher

preacher Loaded Pockets

I hate the iPhone. I have a friend with one and it is annoying for me to use.

9. big payback

big payback Empty Pockets

Maybe not your cup of tea... The G'Zone from Casio is pretty much The G-Shock of phones. Shock proof from a 5 foot drop, and waterproof to 10 feet. Can get and send email it think... I am too cheap to subscribe to the service. Its also web enabled... They also offer a navigation service for 10 bucks a month, like a GPS unit in your phone, or if need be, you can get it a la carte for 4 bucks a day. Useful for road trips. Its also got a sturdy bar to mount a lanyard made out of 550 cord! Designed for the military , dust proof too! made to be used with gloves on, so iits a lil larger than your avaerage celie... :luck:

10. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Well I'm not saying buy an iphone, I see it no more annoying than having to open or "tilt" a screen to use my phone. Its all about gimmicks my friend, humans have to have the newest, fanciest, shiniest what ever is new on the market at the minute.

Get the Tilt it may be the perfect phone for you! O0

11. preacher

preacher Loaded Pockets

True enough. I just didnt find it easy to fit my fingers on the virtual keyboard of the iPhone.

I liked it otherwise. And it has the real internet if thats something you need to have also.

12. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

I agree, I've played with the iphone and can't get used to not having buttons.

13. clutchUSMC

clutchUSMC Empty Pockets

no and typing with the iphone is incredibly hard

14. Tyrone777

Tyrone777 Empty Pockets

I currently use the At&t 8525 (HTC Hermes) and love the WM6 devices. If you want to really learn more about your phone should visit XDA-Developers.com. They have many upgrades for your phone from the new operating systems, radios (reception, batterylife, internet speed), and abunch of programs for your phone. With your phone and the unlimited data plans your options are endless. You can share your high speed phone connection with your laptop, play mobi tv or xm radio for free. Check out that website for all the benifits of the HTC Kaiser aka Tilt, its a shame if you buy a WM device and not use it to its full potential. Send me a PM if you need any help with push email programs n'stuff. :luck:

15. preacher

preacher Loaded Pockets

Thanks Tyrone. I will go over there and dig into that site to see what all is available. I may take you up on that PM later since you seem to really know the HTC line. I have also found a site http://www.htctilt.com/index.php that had a lot of info on it that I am still trying to get a handle on.

One thing I did notice today as I wasn't wearing cargo pants like I normally would is that just my cellphone is kind of an issue without the extra pockets so I'm sure the bigger device will be even more so.

16. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

+1 on XDA-Developers.com -- I have a login there. Incredible wealth of info. Like I said, I have the ancestor of the Tilt, but I also have two other HTC phones.