1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Assault Weapon Ban

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by porkchop, Feb 26, 2009.

1. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

Here's a little fuel for the fire.

It's from the NSSF...AG Eric Holder on Assault Weapons Ban

I don't trust them and you definitely should never turn your back on them.
    Maybe I'm just a little (or maybe a lot) paranoid.

2. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

Sorry, Codeman.
    Just trying to make the point that nothing is out of the realm of possibility when it come to the government.

3. peacefuljeffrey

Did you notice how the focus of the person asking the question, and of Holder, is clearly on how we can make things better in Mexico?

Recently I read that even in famous resort cities in Mexico like Acapulco, the crime is going berserk--and HAND GRENADES are now favored in these attacks by the drug cartels!

Is Holder and the Obama administration going to tell us that our American gun shops and FFLs are somehow to blame for HAND GRENADES getting into the possession of violent Mexican drug dealers? American civilian gun shops have been scapegoated for the guns that "flow" into Mexico. They can hardly be the scapegoat when the new weapon of choice is fragmentation grenades. :rolleyes:

We'd better get on our toes, people, get those funds to the NRA and get those letters, e-mails and phone calls to our representatives--or we are going to have a PERMANENT assault weapons ban and magazine capacity limit forced down our throats. It will not matter what the NSSF said in that article, about these guns being erroneously called assault weapons, or about the fact that the previous ban did not curb crime nor did crime shoot back up after it expired. Those who would vote for this ban are not swayed by what is logical, factual, or right; they are idealogues. :rant:

4. skoalsoldier

skoalsoldier Empty Pockets

They say that to re-enact the assault weapons ban would keep dangerous weapons out of our neighbors hands in Mexico, which we all know is complete :censored:. So if you are one of those paranoid i-want-to-keep-my-gun types like me, then you might want to buy while the buying is good. :brickwall:

5. peacefuljeffrey

You gotta wonder why they would go straight for clamping down on the guns, when the real problem seems to be the porosity of the border! :rant:

If you put tighter control on the border, you wouldn't have to worry so much about those poor Mexicans getting our guns.

I still want to know--if our gun shops are the source for the illegal GUNS the Mexicans are getting, what is the source for the illegal HAND GRENADES I've been reading are a new "weapon of choice" for the drug cartels? And if we shut off the source of guns from the U.S., won't they just get their guns from the dudes who are providing the grenades?

I don't suppose that I ever, for even one second, believed Obama was not going to come trotting out his gun control schemes; and I never for even one second believed that the "reasons" for their "necessity" would be offered in good faith.

6. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets