1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Armadillo Drug box modification Idea

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by maillet282, Nov 7, 2016.

1. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

I am currently using an Armadillo Drug box from North American Rescue in my med bag. this case is basically a Pelican case with Velcro attached to the inside of the case, where you place a small Velcro disk to the medication vial and stick it to inside of the pelican case ( See Image taken from North American Rescue website)
    [​IMG]

Now I have been looking and thinking about utilising the box lid with the Velcro but inserting a Foam Cut out for the more common drugs that I am required to carry ( Morphine, Dimenhydrinate, Diphenhydramine, Epi 1:100, Narcan, to name a few commonly used meds.

where do you people get their closed cell foam to make cut outs

2. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Try giving Pelican case themselves a call. If I remember right, they do sell the foam separately. There's also Kaizen Foam which seems like a good product for that as well. Bryan Black on ITS Tactical has been talking about it as he's trying it out in his rifle case. Not sure where or if you can get it in Canada though, I haven't looked yet.

maillet282 likes this.
  3. maillet282

@ Outbound: I was looking on the Kaizen website last night, and was looking into the whole shipping to Canada.

Outbound likes this.
  4. maillet282

ok Kaizen is now out of the picture, shipping for one piece of foam will cost over $100 USD ( that is insane). looks like I need to go look at various craft stores in my area to see what kind of closed cell foam they have

5. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

6. maillet282

On the site you linked the foam is still $140 for a lot of foam. I am starting to think about picking up a cheap yoga mat and cutting that to fit

7. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I thought that was for just the 0340 case. If you need less foam, I bet they would sell less. The yoga mat would still be cheaper though. That's a good idea.

8. maillet282

I will give the yoga mat a try over the xmas Vacation. I will be able to bring my whole med bag home to pack it properly the way I want it. once I give this a try I will take some pics and post up

Outbound likes this.
  9. maillet282

As a follow up to this. I ended up being able to sign out a CTOMS drug box that already had the cut outs. Over the Xmas holidays the wife gave birth to our twins and my free time dissapeared

10. Nevada

Nevada Loaded Pockets

maillet282 likes this.
  11. maillet282

Will definitely need to look at this. But for now I am going to stick with the free option and use the one that I got finally got issued yesterday ( they were back ordered and didn't know when thy would get them)

12. bakpackr

bakpackr Loaded Pockets

thefoamfactory.com