1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Are you ever afraid to whip it out?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by ecksdog, Jul 1, 2011.

1. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

I have a golf bag full of weaponry (and golf clubs) in my front hall. I see we are of like minds....

2. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

I use my Kershaw Leek daily, both at work and at home. It's not so enormously large that people freak out when I flick it open, but if I'm worried that someone will react poorly to the "automatic" aspect of the assisted opening I just open it slowly with the thumb stud. It's usually not a problem seeimg as I live in the south and work at a fairly blue-collar job. Most of the people I associate with carry some sort of knife, so they're pretty used to it.

Also, what Catherine said about those who spend any time around me either know what to expect, or aren't shocked by that sort of thing.

3. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

If I worked in a place that prohibited knives, I wouldn't risk using one either. My point was that in a public place, when carrying a legal knife, people just don't notice someone flicking open one as much as some might think. People are generally too wrapped up into what they are doing to care or even notice what anyone else is doing. It's much the same as worrying about tactical bags drawing attention. Sure some people will notice these things, but the vast majority will not. We tend to exaggerate the responses of others toward us. If we're worried that using our knives will scare people, we will notice people getting scared... even when they aren't even paying any attention to us.

ChrisJ and kertap75 like this.
  4. alukardfe

alukardfe Loaded Pockets

You are right

5. Soup dragon

Soup dragon Loaded Pockets

Well some may view a SAK as harmless but EBay in the UK no longer allow any knives to be sold on their sight not even
    SAK classic. I even tried to buy a nice Alox SAK on the US site and I got as far as confirming the purchase and then up pops a message saying due to their weapons policy I can't proceed with the purchase. They claim it is a legal requirement in the UK but I never had any problem buying knives on the Amazon UK site. Makes me mad!

6. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

:( It's disappointing to say the least. I just personally don't believe restricting weapons protects anyone. I especially don't believe restricting tools protects anyone.

7. alukardfe

alukardfe Loaded Pockets

Ofc i mean all the criminals use weapons why cant we carry them to

8. CV90

CV90 Loaded Pockets

I love the looks on my coworkers' faces when I whip out my 5" blade Spec Elite II to cut my apple.

ChrisJ likes this.