1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Are Walmart knives any good?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by bryan123, Dec 19, 2016.

1. CanvasNBrass

CanvasNBrass Loaded Pockets

And you should. It's a pretty cool knife and even the WM badged ones are perfectly fine. I just think people need to be aware that they're not quite getting the deal they think they are from Wally World.

baccar-3 likes this.
  2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Good for what?

EZDog likes this.
  3. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

I just got back from the local Walmart and it looks like they sold out of the CRKT Drifter and Viva pack. They had over a dozen of them and I have a feeling that one person bought all of them. Still plenty of the Kershaw 3 piece sets.

They're also selling a Gerber Shard and Mini Paraframe combo for $10 in case anyone is interested.

Last edited by bryan123, Dec 24, 2016
  4. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

The on going saga of the defective SAK.
    After discussions with WM customer service and Victorinox customer service; neither admitted to anything.

Here's what I think happened---The knife was returned to WM, then repackaged at the returns warehouse and sold as new, maybe.
    Or Victorinox QC missed it on this one and did not want to say they did, maybe.
    I,m not going to take it any further.
    Caveat Emptor.
    I now have a Victorinox Super Tinker that will be a nice conversation piece.
    P.S.---WM did give me a 10% discount.

5. Ippon

Ippon Loaded Pockets

I think to answer the question are walmart knifes any good, I'd have to say that I usually only purchase high end knives from very reputable knife dealers.

As far as a cheap knife goes, use it for what you'll use it for. It's the Utility razor blade concept. I use those replaceable hardware store razor blade knives more than my EDC spyderco, benchmade whatever it may be. Because at work sometimes we need to cut against concrete, or nails, or a bunch of other knife destroying things. And if I destroy a 5 cent blade, that's better than a 200 dollar spyderco. Same thing applies I think with cheap walmart knifes. I don't think they are dangerous, and if you need a knife to really thrash and ruin, better that than an expensive one.

Moshe ben David likes this.